Author Topic: 14 year-old makes home-made clock, arrested for 'bringing a bomb to school'  (Read 26055 times)

i think somebody's jealous that he got free stuff, lol.

well of course I am lol

so

he made a suspicious looking clock
not cus he wanted to impress people but because he wanted them to think he was a terrorist aside from the fact he's totally not sus at all
because he knew  he would cause a stuffstorm at his school with a clock
because he intended to play the system for no reason, just for some weird Machiavellian urge
and the endgame was hopefully to get some free stuff

and that's not a stretch at all

kids like attention

well of course I am lol
well don't let your jealousy make you come to dumb conclusions homie

well don't let your jealousy make you come to dumb conclusions homie

bruh

The real loser in all of this is Richard Dawkins. His famed e-cred and twitter popularity is really taking a hit after he started accusing this kid of committing a conspiracy to get media attention. Poor guy.

The real loser in all of this is Richard Dawkins. His famed e-cred and twitter popularity is really taking a hit after he started accusing this kid of committing a conspiracy to get media attention. Poor guy.
the guy's been backtracking so fast if you set him down on a track he'd break the sound barrier, lol.

the guy's been backtracking so fast if you set him down on a track he'd break the sound barrier, lol.
Yeah, I mean, he's a brilliant writer and all, but his social views have always been sort of cringe-worthy.

so

he made a suspicious looking clock
Yes. That has already been confirmed.

not cus he wanted to impress people but because he wanted them to think he was a terrorist aside from the fact he's totally not sus at all
I'm sure he did want to impress people, but he probably anticipated people thinking it was a bomb.

because he knew  he would cause a stuffstorm at his school with a clock
Yes. I think he expected teachers to be like "this is a bomb" and then being able to claim discrimination

because he intended to play the system for no reason, just for some weird Machiavellian urge
For attention. Everyone wants to be a victim. Look at feminism or tumblr loveuality.

and the endgame was hopefully to get some free stuff
Nah, I don't think he expected any free stuff. Just like how I doubt he expected to get arrested.

and that's not a stretch at all
It's not a stretch to assume someone tried to get attention by acting like a victim.

Yes. I think he expected teachers to be like "this is a bomb" and then being able to claim discrimination
Based on what? What's the evidence showing that this kid is some kind of crazy master-mind?

Too lazy to check, but people need to acknowledge that he didn't actually make the clock. He took apart a Radio Shack clock and then put it into a pencil case, iirc, not really making.

Too lazy to check, but people need to acknowledge that he didn't actually make the clock. He took apart a Radio Shack clock and then put it into a pencil case, iirc, not really making.
why do people need to "acknowledge" that? what difference does it make?

So what? That's not even remotely relevant to the controversy here.

The kid made a 'project' (call it whatever you want) and it got him thrown in jail because of racial profiling. That's what people care about, not that the kid is some kind of unrecognized genius being punished for ingenuity.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 05:25:03 PM by SeventhSandwich »

I'm sure he did want to impress people, but he probably anticipated people thinking it was a bomb.
For attention. Everyone wants to be a victim. Look at feminism or tumblr loveuality.
Nah, I don't think he expected any free stuff. Just like how I doubt he expected to get arrested.
It's not a stretch to assume someone tried to get attention by acting like a victim.
Care to tell us our horoscopes while you're at it?

Based on what? What's the evidence showing that this kid is some kind of crazy master-mind?
It's not master-minded at all. Just basic attention seeking.

He was allegedly told by multiple teachers to put it away because it looked suspicious. He continued to bring it out each class and even had it go off near the end of the day, startling other students. I think he was aware that it looked like a bomb and also that students would racially profile him, at least to an extent. He was probably hoping to get into some sort of confrontation with a school authority and then claim discrimination.

Care to tell us our horoscopes while you're at it?
wtf are you going on about

i think you're giving way too much credit to a kid who made a clock

is it so hard to believe he's just a kid and not a supervillain?

wtf are you going on about
There's about as much evidence for horoscopes as there is for what you're claiming so...