14 year-old makes home-made clock, arrested for 'bringing a bomb to school'

Author Topic: 14 year-old makes home-made clock, arrested for 'bringing a bomb to school'  (Read 26058 times)

The kid made a 'project' (call it whatever you want) and it got him literally thrown in jail because of racial profiling.
He was then found innocent and released.
That's important.

That's important.
no it isn't

So what? That's not even remotely relevant to the controversy here.

The kid made a 'project' (call it whatever you want) and it got him thrown in jail because of racial profiling. That's what people care about, not that the kid is some kind of unrecognized genius being punished for ingenuity.

No, it changes everything. If the kid didn't make the clock himself, then instead of it being the argument "Genius makes clock and is shot down due to race", it's "Kid makes stupid bomb scare yet gets rewarded due to being racially profiled". I don't care what way the media looks at it, this is an obvious publicity stunt. The circumstances are too coincidental for the kid to have legitimately good intention and to actually make something cool.

The facts I have gathered, as of now, are:

• Kid "makes" clock and takes it to school.
  • Kid shows everyone (all teachers included)
  • One teacher thinks it's a bomb, as it beeps, in his backpack, where he pulls it out. May I note that many schools ban backpacks in the classroom, where he has a suspicious electronic device with segment displays on it.
  • Teacher sends kid to office under the fact that the clock is a "bomb", due to what she's seen in movies or on the news.
  • The office gets into a tizzy, and the kid is arrested for carrying a bomb.
  • The kid posts a picture of him getting arrested on social media.
  • Media freaks out.

After this, the kid is shown on the media frequently, under the guise of him being racially profiled and descriminated against.

• Kid meets Barrack Obama.
  • Kid recieves several donations (such as the picture shown with him having all that Microsoft merchandise).
  • Kid's dad gets angry at the school, saying he wants to resign from it and have his kid go to another school.
  • Kid recieves general media publicity, where the media quickly marks him as "racially profiled" as a Muslim; they shame the school for it.
  • However, more evidence is being produced that the kid never actually made the clock himself - instead, he took the guts out of a Radioshack clock and put it in a suspicious looking project box, or pencil case.

Now, let's look at the circumstances we are under. As someone who actually is that kid's age, it isn't really hard to come up with publicity stunts like the one the kid did, knowing American culture.

• Near 9/11.
  • The kid is Muslim, and literally has the name Ahmed Mohammed.
  • There have been recent school shootings, as well as bomb scares within schools.
  • Muslims, as of now, are commonly known for acts of terrorism.
  • The Islamic State and Syria are quite consistantly being reported on in the news, making everyone aware of their actions.
  • The Syrian Refugee CrCIA.

Lastly, let us examine the clock itself.

Notice how the silkscreen on the PCB has identification numbers, and the solder joints are all even and easily done - usually a trait of machine soldered joints. Also, the circuitboard itself is quite contradictory, as it has it's own specifically designed PCB traces, where you either usually have to take these boards out of clocks or other similar devices themselves, or model them and buy them from a producer, which trust me, costs a ton of money for a simple clock - which would cost a ton less if he just used simple perfboard or stripboard, which looks like this:

The evidence is too overwhelming to say that he made it himself. I think it's a hoax.

You know at first I thought you were crazy, but you really won me over with this ground-breaking piece of evidence.

Having a name like Ahmed Mohammed clearly shows that this whole thing was a ploy. His parents have probably been planning this since he was born!

• One teacher thinks it's a bomb, as it beeps, in his backpack, where he pulls it out. May I note that many schools ban backpacks in the classroom, where he has a suspicious electronic device with segment displays on it.
omg segment displays??

and schools banning backpacks isn't worth noting because obviously this school didn't ban backpacks

many schools ban backpacks in the classroom? since when? i've never heard of high schools banning backpacks in classrooms, that just seems illogical.

• The kid posts a picture of him getting arrested on social media.
generally, when things happen to people that they can't control, they complain on social media. i've seen tons of people post about forgeted up incidents on social media cus that's just the most common venue for complaining to friends.

After this, the kid is shown on the media frequently, under the guise of him being racially profiled and descriminated against.
because he clearly was discriminated against.

• Kid meets Barrack Obama.
  • Kid recieves several donations (such as the picture shown with him having all that Microsoft merchandise).
  • Kid's dad gets angry at the school, saying he wants to resign from it and have his kid go to another school.
  • Kid recieves general media publicity, where the media quickly marks him as "racially profiled" as a Muslim; they shame the school for it.
none of this is his fault, this is all people offering stuff to him. you can't use reactions as evidence of a ploy.

• Near 9/11.
  • There have been recent school shootings, as well as bomb scares within schools.
  • Muslims, as of now, are commonly known for acts of terrorism.
  • The Islamic State and Syria are quite consistantly being reported on in the news, making everyone aware of their actions.
  • The Syrian Refugee CrCIA.
see now this is just xenophobia.

A. Mohammed is the most popular name in the world. There are millions of mohammeds. they are not all terrorists.

B. Muslim extremists are commonly known for acts of terrorism, not muslims. White kids are also commonly known for shooting up schools but if someone wouldn't let me into a dance cus of columbine i'd be just as upset. I do not expect reasonable people to think i am a honor student, he shouldn't expect reasonable people to think he's a terrorist.

C. So many of those bomb scares and school shootings are not perpetrated by muslim or arab kids.

D. being near 9/11 is just happenstance.

The evidence is too overwhelming to say that he made it himself. I think it's a hoax.
so much of your evidence is based on assumptions though. occam's razor, amigo.

A. Mohammed is the most popular name in the world. There are millions of mohammeds. they are not all terrorists.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiesSlEbJ_8

Lol at people complaining about his skill level/the craftsmanship of the clock

His skill level is irrelevant. It's good for a 14 year old, it's by no means masterful, but it doesn't have to be. He is not getting gifts for being a genius electrical engineer or whatever. It's PR for companies basically. They want to reach out and say "Hey, don't let this discourage you"

Whether or not he "deserves" this stuff is irrelevant. He gets cool stuff and the whitehouse/facebook/google/microsoft gets good PR. good.

You know at first I thought you were crazy, but you really won me over with this ground-breaking piece of evidence.

Having a name like Ahmed Mohammed clearly shows that this whole thing was a ploy. His parents have probably been planning this since he was born!

The name itself is not the point, it's how people think when they hear the name.

omg segment displays??

and schools banning backpacks isn't worth noting because obviously this school didn't ban backpacks

Segment displays are commonly seen in media for bombs that count down, and almost every school I've heard of bans backpacks in the classroom, not overrall.

see now this is just xenophobia.

B. Muslim extremists are commonly known for acts of terrorism, not muslims. White kids are also commonly known for shooting up schools but if someone wouldn't let me into a dance cus of columbine i'd be just as upset. I do not expect reasonable people to think i am a honor student, he shouldn't expect reasonable people to think he's a terrorist.

C. So many of those bomb scares and school shootings are not perpetrated by muslim or arab kids.

so much of your evidence is based on assumptions though. occam's razor, amigo.

I'm not saying I'm scared, the common public is.

"hey im going to bring a suspicious electronic device to the classroom near a date known about muslim extremists where they killed hundreds of people"

No, it changes everything. If the kid didn't make the clock himself, then instead of it being the argument "Genius makes clock and is shot down due to race", it's "Kid makes stupid bomb scare yet gets rewarded due to being racially profiled".
Statement B is not a logical consequence of Statement A. Try again.

The name itself is not the point, it's how people think when they hear the name.
Ah I see. So making a project with an LED display is okay, as long as you're not named Mohamed.

That's important.
The forget are you talking about? Spend a night in jail because of bullstuff charges, and then we'll see how content you are with that kind of system.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 07:33:56 PM by SeventhSandwich »

'how' do people think when they hear it?

The kid is Muslim, and literally has the name Ahmed Mohammed.
well at least we know you're tribal now

May I note that many schools ban backpacks in the classroom.
Wait, what.

I never thought Blockland Forums would devolve into the kind of stuff I see on Youtube comments, but I shouldn't be surprised.