14 year-old makes home-made clock, arrested for 'bringing a bomb to school'

Author Topic: 14 year-old makes home-made clock, arrested for 'bringing a bomb to school'  (Read 26060 times)

Well I read it as homemade glock

woah racial profiling
woah back seat lawyering
"Racial Profiling" refers to the discriminatory practice by law enforcement officials of targeting individuals for suspicion of crime based on the individual's race, ethnicity, religion or national origin. Criminal profiling, generally, as practiced by police, is the reliance on a group of characteristics they believe to be associated with crime. Examples of racial profiling are the use of race to determine which drivers to stop for minor traffic violations (commonly referred to as "driving while black or brown"), or the use of race to determine which pedestrians to search for illegal contraband.

Racial profiling does not refer to the act of a law enforcement agent pursuing a suspect in which the specific description of the suspect includes race or ethnicity in combination with other identifying factors.

Defining racial profiling as relying “solely” on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin or religion can be problematic. This definition found in some state racial profiling laws is unacceptable, because it fails to include when police act on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin or religion in combination with an alleged violation of all law. Under the “solely” definition, an officer who targeted Latino drivers who were speeding would not be racial profiling because the drivers were not stopped “solely” because of their race but also because they were speeding. This would eliminate the vast majority of racial profiling now occurring.
https://www.aclu.org/racial-profiling-definition

If you want to build a case of wrong doing, build it around the initial response to the bomb which consisted of a brief investigation followed by a an arrest despite there being no bomb.

I'm still leaning towards the fact this kid might have taken advantage of social stigma, just taking advantage of islamophobes to get attention and got way more than what he bargained for. The police forgeted up, so far no one has been proven to be favorable in my eyes.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 08:04:54 PM by Harm94 »

aaaaa i hate this story

honestly it irritates me that he gets invited to the white house and nasa offers him a job because he got arrested by some idiots
police officers arrest people for dumb reasons every single day. where are their twitter interships?
maybe we should hire people based on their actual skill and productivity rather than the fact that they had a bad thing happen to them that actually made their life better

i was detained by TSA because they mistook a snowglobe as a bomb. should i write to nasa? would it only be a news story if i was arab?

I'm wondering what exactly it is that NASA would supposedly even want him to do. "Enjoy your cubicle, kid."

this is the best thing that could ever happen for this kid lol

I'm wondering what exactly it is that NASA would supposedly even want him to do. "Enjoy your cubicle, kid."

They'll pat him on the back and then sell him on the black market for funding

this is the best thing that could ever happen for this kid lol
really

gotta profit offa other people's stupidity

aaaaa i hate this story

honestly it irritates me that he gets invited to the white house and nasa offers him a job because he got arrested by some idiots
police officers arrest people for dumb reasons every single day. where are their twitter interships?
maybe we should hire people based on their actual skill and productivity rather than the fact that they had a bad thing happen to them that actually made their life better

i was detained by TSA because they mistook a snowglobe as a bomb. should i write to nasa? would it only be a news story if i was arab?
Do you actually not understand why people/companies are supporting him? Or are you just jealous?

It has just as much to do with people wanting to encourage a young kids interest in science/technology as it does with supporting those who are being victimised because of the terrorist hysteria

I'm still leaning towards the fact this kid might have taken advantage of social stigma, just taking advantage of islamophobes to get attention
seriously? what? what evidence is there for this?

Do you actually not understand why people/companies are supporting him? Or are you just jealous?

It has just as much to do with people wanting to encourage a young kids interest in science/technology as it does with supporting those who are being victimised because of the terrorist hysteria
companies are supporting him to improve their public image? it's the same reason they do pretty much all charity

it's this toxic idea that we need to offer special priviledges and positions to people who might have a disadvantage, rather than actually removing the disadvantage. it's like how a lot of colleges offer scholarships that are exclusively geared towards women or minorities. obviously this does not apply to physical or mental impairments like being blind or austistic.