Author Topic: 14 year-old makes home-made clock, arrested for 'bringing a bomb to school'  (Read 26388 times)

Oh, please. Tell me, when you have a device plopped in front of, and you're asked "hey is this a bomb" that you'll be able to think rationally and dismantle it, and of course, recognise what it does.
Well first off if it's only a few inches long, and 90% of the insides are empty, the only area where they could possibly have been explosives is in the display, that was the largest part. However the fact that the display was functional at all indicates that it wasn't filled with explosives, otherwise, obviously it wouldn't work. Using that you can conclude that even in the worst case scenario there's less than a cubic centimeter of explosives in it. Would someone even bother with less than a cubic centimeter of explosives? That could take out maybe 1 person at point blank range, tops.

Really now, that required like a few seconds of spacial observations.

Oh, please. Tell me, when you have a device plopped in front of, and you're asked "hey is this a bomb" that you'll be able to think rationally and dismantle it, and of course, recognise what it does.
i would actually say "holy stuff are you insane if there is actual reason to suspect that this is a bomb besides racial profiling why did you just plop it down in front of me" but i dunno about you

The "security" situation in the US is getting out of hand.

Its cop who have no loving idea on how to operate

um what

the only thing that was taken out of hand was the clock bro

the only thing that was taken out of hand was the clock bro
its a clock not a wrist watch

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/16/police-violated-ahmed-mohamed-s-civil-rights-by-keeping-away-his-parents.html

“A child may not be left unattended in a juvenile processing office and is entitled to be accompanied by the child's parent, guardian, or other custodian or by the child’s attorney,” Section 52.025 states.

welp

also
Mohamed also alleges that Principal Cummings threatened to expel him if he didn’t write a statement

The principal tried to coerce the kid into making a false confession. What the forget?

in a suitcase

It was still a clock though

like three seconds of examination would have determined that sans technical skills

also
The principal tried to coerce the kid into making a false confession. What the forget?
what the heck were they trying to get money out of this or what

what the heck were they trying to get money out of this or what

Seems to me like they were trying anything to make it look like they didn't overreact

Seems to me like they were trying anything to make it look like they didn't overreact
yeah but what would he confess to

bringing a hoax bomb to school with the intent of creating a bomb scare

Confess to trying to perform a bomb scare I guess?

They thought a clock was a bomb, I don't think they could come up with a good fallback plan when the kid didn't want to confess to anything