14 year-old makes home-made clock, arrested for 'bringing a bomb to school'

Author Topic: 14 year-old makes home-made clock, arrested for 'bringing a bomb to school'  (Read 26018 times)

didn't the kid show the clock to his engineering teacher earlier in the day, and the engineering teacher said it was fine?

A reproduction of Kaczynski's bomb, fitted within small boxes within parcels to be mailed:
Please, stop acting as if you know what you're talking about. This "it doesn't look complex enough to be a bomb!!!" stuff is beyond handicapped.

except, like, the long metal pipe would be filled with explosives and wouldn't be cut in half.

i mean the police evidently didn't see the device that big of a threat considering they didn't call, say, the bomb squad to dispose of it.

Yes, naturally, hence "recreation".

Wow, yeah, those school teachers should really have recognised that when they performed a field disposal of a bomb. (I am making fun of you) As a side-note, a bomb does not have "complex wiring," it doesn't need very much wiring at all.
They took away the kid and the bomb, while it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume there were more they apparently didn't think so. I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here, it seems as if you're just restating what happened for the sake of making your post unnecessarily lengthier.
The "phone call" is an idiotic myth propagated by fiction, and I can't believe anyone above the age of 12 actually still thinks there's some legality backing it and not just lazy writing.
Uh. Yes, bombs look like bombs. Suitcase bombs really don't look like "Hollywood" bombs, not enough sticks of TNT.
Do you think they have the time to contemplate the mechanism of the bomb? Or even recognise that it's counting up? It's like you're not even thinking.
Ah, yes, I'm sorry, I forgot terrorists have to meet your expectations, or the bomb simply isn't worth your consideration. I'm sure they try very hard to make the bomb looks just right for you.

i pointed out the lack of complex wiring because if they paid any attention to it they'd notice how all the wiring either connects to the power cable or the display

and how there's nothing going to an explosive compound

also, are you loving handicapped

the police arrived

they are supposed to follow certain guidelines for dealing with bombs

i wasn't talking about the teachers

and seriously how do you justify nobody taking the time to actually notice how it's counting up and not down

like seriously is that what you're arguing for

and again nobody would be handicapped enough to make their bomb obviously a bomb

that's why suitcase bombs exist

putting a huge loving display on the side wouldnt make any sense holy stuff

A reproduction of Kaczynski's bomb, fitted within small boxes within parcels to be mailed:
Please, stop acting as if you know what you're talking about. This "it doesn't look complex enough to be a bomb!!!" stuff is beyond handicapped.

hm

note the loving cylinder where the explosives were

and the lack of a digital display

you loving idiot

do you see any sort of place where the explosives would've been held in that kid's little clock?

Yes, naturally, hence "recreation".
i mean, i don't see any place for explosives to hide in the kid's clock, so i really don't see your point there. also
i mean the police evidently didn't see the device that big of a threat considering they didn't call, say, the bomb squad to dispose of it.

I agree with your view, but don't forget that this is Kimon that you're trying to educate here. He always takes the social justice side in everything. After the Michael Brown shooting for example, he was just relentlessly bashing Darren Wilson for "executing" Brown in cold blood. When the conspiracies leak over Tumblr, Kimon is first on the scene.

I agree with your view, but don't forget that this is Kimon that you're trying to educate here. He always takes the social justice side in everything. After the Michael Brown shooting for example, he was just relentlessly bashing Darren Wilson for "executing" Brown in cold blood. When the conspiracies leak over Tumblr, Kimon is first on the scene.

i mean, i don't see any place for explosives to hide in the kid's clock, so i really don't see your point there.

i pointed out the lack of complex wiring because if they paid any attention to it they'd notice how all the wiring either connects to the power cable or the display

and how there's nothing going to an explosive compound

also, are you loving handicapped

the police arrived

they are supposed to follow certain guidelines for dealing with bombs

i wasn't talking about the teachers

and seriously how do you justify nobody taking the time to actually notice how it's counting up and not down

like seriously is that what you're arguing for

and again nobody would be handicapped enough to make their bomb obviously a bomb

that's why suitcase bombs exist

putting a huge loving display on the side wouldnt make any sense holy stuff

hm

you loving idiot

do you see any sort of place where the explosives would've been held in that kid's little clock?
are you trying to make a poem or something lol like your enter key must be worn out by now

are you trying to make a poem or something lol like your enter key must be worn out by now
does it matter

each line has to be emphasized for taboo's tiny brain

he's still going to argue against it like a loon though

Let me ask you this, you are the police chief of anytown. You've seen years worth news from columbine, to various random bombings like the Boston marathon. You get a call from a highschool saying "We might have a bomb over here made by some muslim, get down here now".With that information what are you going to do?

Option 1:
Take it seriously: evacuate the school, send in the bomb squad to check and disarm a possible bomb and ask what the hell the kid was thinking. Then have money wasted on finding that the bomb is in deed a clock and having stuff thrown at you for detaining a suspect who turned out to be just some kid.

Option 2:
Or are going to ignore the call because you think it's a joke and risk an actual explosion going off. If your kid got killed in the blast, how would you feel if the police passed the call off as a prank? Plus then the news who be on the police for failing to stop a bomb, parents would be suing.

The police do not know every single detail for every situation as it is occurring. Everything has to be taken seriously until otherwise. It's the same reason why prank calling 911 is illegal, the same reason you don't walk to school with a prop gun and point it people, it's also the same reason you don't walk into a movie theater and scream fire. If you are fireman or a cop, you can't afford to make mistakes, second guess yourself, everything is serious business. We aren't psychics, we aren't god, we don't all the information or details.

also here is a real suit case bomb

just a clock right? or just a bomb? what do you think at first glance

Lets move on to the next group, the media which ranges from everything and anyone including Fox, CNN, RT, BBC, etc. All them have for years since 9/11 have reported on stories about evil muslim bombers for years and years. Plus there have been towns of movies and shows that have had muslim terrorists with bombs. Plus many of bombs in those movies and reportings are in suitcases just like that one. The media and movie industry created that stigma, not the police, not the government.

Which brings us to the next group, which is the school and the one who made the call. The ones who bought into the stigma in the first place and made the call. They should feel bad for buying into stereotypes.

The last person I want to mention is the kid. What happened to him is the product of stigma and reactions to real world events that have occurred. Yes he made a clock, but he built in a way that triggered everything in environment generated by stigma and past events that are still fresh. It would be taking a toy gun as a prank to columbine a few days after the shooting, or a flying a plane straight into pearl harbor right after the attack. Clearly there are better objects to house his creation than a suitcase, but he basically set him self up and the school took the bait.

it was a loving clock

taking three minutes of your time to examine the clock would determine it's a clock

everyone who handled this case is a loving handicap regardless of how hard you want to justify it

i mean, i don't see any place for explosives to hide in the kid's clock, so i really don't see your point there. also
hm
you loving idiot
What, are you kidding me? There is no guidebook on how to make a bomb, there are no official regulations to adhere to. The explosive agent could be literally anywhere in the thing. My first bet would be on that checkered back in his clock. More importantly, my point is that a bomb can look like literally anything.
Kaczynski's bombs were not time bombs, of course there was no countdown. They were triggered by the box opening. I think you might actually be handicapped, so I'll say one more time, stop acting is if you have any idea what you are talking about, you most definitely do not.
I'm not even going to bother myself responding to the first half of your post because I can't be assed to get rid of your handicappedly unnecessary double spacing, anyone with a lick of logical thinking can see that you're wrong anyway.

didn't the kid show the clock to his engineering teacher earlier in the day, and the engineering teacher said it was fine?
yeah but I think they said not to show it to other teachers but it beeped in class so he ended up having to or something