14 year-old makes home-made clock, arrested for 'bringing a bomb to school'

Author Topic: 14 year-old makes home-made clock, arrested for 'bringing a bomb to school'  (Read 26040 times)

a bomb could be set to donate at any time in the day, if this were a bomb it could've easily been made to do so using the clock but this is still dumb to arrest him after it was found it wasn't a bomb

walk into the school like whattup i gotta big clock

What, are you kidding me? There is no guidebook on how to make a bomb, there are no official regulations to adhere to. The explosive agent could be literally anywhere in the thing. My first bet would be on that checkered back in his clock. More importantly, my point is that a bomb can look like literally anything.
Kaczynski's bombs were not time bombs, of course there was no countdown. They were triggered by the box opening. I think you might actually be handicapped, so I'll say one more time, stop acting is if you have any idea what you are talking about, you most definitely do not.
I'm not even going to bother myself responding to the first half of your post because I can't be assed to get rid of your handicappedly unnecessary double spacing
i mean the police evidently didn't see the device that big of a threat considering they didn't call, say, the bomb squad to dispose of it.

a bomb could be set to donate at any time in the day, if this were a bomb it could've easily been made to do so using the clock but this is still dumb to arrest him after it was found it wasn't a bomb
I don't think the engineering teacher or whoever actually told anyone it wasn't a bomb. It was presumably not actually investigated with detail until a while after arresting the kid. There doesn't seem to actually be enough information about what actually happened to know for sure right now, though.

Maybe. So? Are you guys done restating what happened? What, they arrested the kid just for funsies? Please.

note the lack of complex bomb wiring

note the lack of any compartments for the explosive compound

note how the cops didn't treat the bomb like a bomb and didn't evacuate the school or get a bomb squad

note how the kid wasn't given access to his phone call during interrogation

nobody would be loving handicapped enough to actually make a real bomb look like a stupid hollywood bomb with a countdown on it

plus, you know,

it'd be counting down

not up
with the current and recent events it was stupid thing for the kid to do

As the old saying goes if looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck. Teachers aren't expected to know what a real and fake bomb looks like. They just saw something that looked like a bomb and acted upon what they saw, not what they knew. Plus there is no standard for bombs. The bomb used in the Boston marathon for example was a modified pressure cooker in a box. Others might be a grenade or artillery shell that are detonated by a cell phone or garage door receiver. There have also been documented cases of having a fake decoy bomb placed next a real bomb. This is a serious field where information is usually limited.

As for the kid getting hand cuffed and taken off, the police have the power to fake or pretend arrest children. This is all done for shock value and their parents are notified. Basically the intent is to say "we could of have arrested you for a false bomb scare, but we didn't. So don't do it again." The whole not evacuating thing does set off alarms and flags which would lead to me suspect some issues. Sounds like their bomb response policy needs to be looked into if you ask me. Whether or not the school lied to the police afterwards and wrote it off as a prank to cover their as should be looked into as well if that was the case.
didn't the kid show the clock to his engineering teacher earlier in the day, and the engineering teacher said it was fine?
and if this was the case, then how come the office staff didn't inform all the teachers of what this engineering teacher said? Did the school just take his message and ignore it?

OH stuff A BOMB

OH CHRIST ANOTHER ONE

OH GOD THEYRE EVERYWHERE

JESUS CHRI

hey, wait, it says digital clock on the front

all of these pictures are the insides of digital clocks.

funnily enough, concealed bombs are not the only thing that have circuitry inside a box

As the old saying goes if looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

please explain how this thing looks more like a bomb than a clock, harm

maybe I should make a bomb to get offered that job at nasa

Wait do you really think inexperienced teachers would try to pull the thing apart to determine whether it's a bomb or not? That doesn't sound like a good idea.

ive got two ticking devices inside my room that seem to tell time but i cant be sure
should i get a bomb disposal unit to clear these bombs?

Wait do you really think inexperienced teachers would try to pull the thing apart to determine whether it's a bomb or not? That doesn't sound like a good idea.
That's what's been making me actually laugh. People seem to think that when you see a bomb, the first thing you should do is disassemble it and try to figure out "hmm, are you sure this is a bomb?"

As the old saying goes if looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck. Teachers aren't expected to know what a real and fake bomb looks like. They just saw something that looked like a bomb and acted upon what they saw, not what they knew. Plus there is no standard for bombs. The bomb used in the Boston marathon for example was a modified pressure cooker in a box. Others might be a grenade or artillery shell that are detonated by a cell phone or garage door receiver. There have also been documented cases of having a fake decoy bomb placed next a real bomb. This is a serious field where information is usually limited.

As for the kid getting hand cuffed and taken off, the police have the power to fake or pretend arrest children. This is all done for shock value and their parents are notified. Basically the intent is to say "we could of have arrested you for a false bomb scare, but we didn't. So don't do it again." The whole not evacuating thing does set off alarms and flags which would lead to me suspect some issues. Sounds like their bomb response policy needs to be looked into if you ask me. Whether or not the school lied to the police afterwards and wrote it off as a prank to cover their as should be looked into as well if that was the case. and if this was the case, then how come the office staff didn't inform all the teachers of what this engineering teacher said? Did the school just take his message and ignore it?
Well, if it was reasonable to suspect that they may have been a decoy bomb to distract them from the real bomb, why didn't they evacuate the school. Why was there no bomb squad or investigation present?

If they did feel there was a bomb threat, then they should have at least evacuated the school or called in somebody to deal with it. The probable explanation for why they didn't is probably just pain incompetence, but that's still a bad thing to have in a bomb response.

That's what's been making me actually laugh. People seem to think that when you see a bomb, the first thing you should do is disassemble it and try to figure out "hmm, are you sure this is a bomb?"
The problem isn't if it isn't a bomb or not, it's why they assumed the clock was a bomb in the first place. Like Juncoph stated, there are lots of electronic objects, such as radios, cd players, video game devices, or science projects that are simply a box with some electronics in it.

The problem isn't if it isn't a bomb or not, it's why they assumed the clock was a bomb in the first place. Like Juncoph stated, there are lots of electronic objects, such as radios, cd players, video game devices, or science projects that are simply a box with some electronics in it.
And how many of them are home made and packed into suitcases by little Muslim kids.

how come texans can pack glocks but muslims cant make clocks

Oh stuff guys, i have a bomb on my wrist right now
how come texans can pack glocks but muslims cant make clocks
I'm loving dead