Total eclipse and Supermoon happened yesterday (post pictures if any)

Author Topic: Total eclipse and Supermoon happened yesterday (post pictures if any)  (Read 8780 times)

Get ready people, cause we got a Supermoon heading our way this sunday. The first one in over 3 decades.

Incase you don't know (which you really should know), a total eclipse is when all the earth, sun and moon are lined up. The moon is in the earths shadow, causing it to dim, but not completely. Infact, it will instead resemble more of a blood red shape. This is what people call, a blood moon.

A supermoon though, is when the moon is at a close point at the earth, making it 30% brighter and 14% larger. This only happens on new and full moons though.

Finally, since it is the month of september, it is also the month of the harvest moon, making the moon about almost 30% larger! (I think.)

So lets see what we have on our way... Full moon + harvest + supermoon + lunar eclipse = Something that didn't happen since over 3 decades ago. Sounds pretty exciting to me, and a very rare experience!

TL;DR A supermoon and lunar eclipse are happening on the 27th, something that the naked eye can witness.

Also, do me a big favor and keep bumping this topic, as I may forget about this extraordinary event.

http://www.wapt.com/weather/total-eclipse-of-the-moon-happens-sunday-sept-27/35385190

Edit: Supermoon & Lunar are today folks! Incase you are too lazy to look back, then here's weather permitting.

IT'S HAPPENING RIGHT NOW! GET YOUR ASS OUTSIDE TO SEE IT!

Phase 1: 9:07 - 10:10
Phase 2: 10:11 - 10:46
Phase 3: 10:47 - 11:22
Phase 4: 11:23 - 12:27
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 05:40:40 AM by Prokiller10 »

This is cool
I don't want to forget this

Does anybody know the times for Pacific?

I can finally awaken my suppressed demon powers.

stuff gotta get a good camera to take some pics

We're having a party out the front for that night c:

9:11, eh? hmm, sounds like a conspiracy waiting to happen...

9:11, eh? hmm, sounds like a conspiracy waiting to happen...

the government muslim terrorists cause eclipses
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 11:35:11 PM by Electrk. »

This is gonna be awesome

when are news sources going to start blowing it out of proportion like the last time supermoons were brought up

oh man this sounds really cool

thanks for notifying michigan, the clouds will be here by then