What a City RPG should look like, IMO

Author Topic: What a City RPG should look like, IMO  (Read 10882 times)

It looks bad though. Could have normal terrain and only add basements once a player bought a lot and actually wants to make one.
This is what I suggested to Jasa for his next round of hosting, simply have terrain and expand the roads as the city grows and add lots/holes as it goes.

It requires less management to just let players come along and place their own baseplate in the hole.
They can decide if they want to use the space for a basement, or build the baseplate up to ground level, and then build on top of it.
but this is the most practical way of doinh things

but this is the most practical way of doinh things
Not here, this build is clearly all about looking nice. Giant holes simply don't fit that.

Omg, my reaction is literally like :O

Just now I saw this! This is AMAZING! Good job! I hope this will be put to use.

It wouldn't be too difficult to quickly script in a "lot brick" that changes into a hole once purchased.

Why does every city rp need to have those dumb square holes in the ground? This could look even better...
I entirely agree. If I had the ability to make a mod, I would likely fill in a lot with actually buildings. The rest would be filled with bricks that could be manipulated when a player bought the lot.

I simply don't have them filled in now because it doesn't make sense if I was to release the map or use it. We'd have to remove it the fill-ins to place the lots down.

BUt I agree. I hate the "hole in the ground" lot method for city RPGs.

none of you know how beautiful this map is in person
it is an experience that you will remember for the rest of your life

Your ego the actual map

[size=50pt]Your ego[/size] [size=5pt]the actual map[/size]
wait what
are you blind or something the map looks incredible
and i think georges is actually being quite humble about it

are you blind or something the map looks incredible
:D thanks!

This looks really good, the shaders make it look like the entire map is made out of marzipan. Can't wait to build in this.

*looks at pictures, cries about shaders cuase his computer is crap*

*looks at pictures, cries about shaders cuase his computer is crap*
*feels pain*