Author Topic: "Block Trek" Star Trek Megathread - Toy Enterprise Model  (Read 65205 times)

Block Trek Random/Fun Screenshots #1

Since i've been busy with schoolwork and final exams in college, I haven't had time to make much progress on the ship (or rather I just haven't had the relaxed atmosphere in which my "creative buzz" happens best). So, in the meantime, I've decided to share some random and fun pictures of the ships that i've had lying around in my screenshot folder.

Mr. Unicode and me looking out the windows on Deck 7's observation lounge, aboard the U.S.S. Lionheart.

I think this screenshot is particularly interesting. This here is the effect on the ship when the ship's warp core breaches (this effect is subject to change. This gives a cool cutaway view of the ship's interiors as well as showing the sheer size of the engineering hull.

I had some laggy but fun times recently playing with Zor's old firefight mod on the Lionheart. Blaze it.

I also tried out the firefight mod on NASAboy3000's Enterprise as well; it burned kind of like how it did in Star Trek 3.

A publicity photo of me with some server guests on the bridge of the Lionheart. My new buddy Motherboard has gotten comfy in the captain's chair.

A picture of me with an unidentified crewman looking out a window on Deck 5 of the Lionheart. We're in the aft Torcreep Tube preparation room.

A farther-away view so you get a better perspective of how big this ship really is (again!).

A view of the crewman looking out the window with the saucer section in the background.

Me and that same unidentified crewman again, looking out the window on D-Deck aboard the USS Alliance (Daedalus class Frigate). We're in the guest quarters.

A farther-out view of the same shot.

Me sitting on top of my Daedalus class's final-upgrade Warp 8 engine.

Another window screenshot, this time with Motherboard and me in the neck section on D-Deck aboard the Alliance.

Until next time.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 11:09:08 PM by Planr »

That's some mighty fine work Planr.  Great job!

Requested Mods

There is currently a major need for modders to assist with Block Trek, and help us develop the mods we need. None of us are scripters or modelers, so we need your help! We currently need several items, vehicles, weapons, and gamemode systems for the future Star Trek RPs to work smoothly.

I'll list out the current needs in a bit, it'll take a while to write. Stay tuned.

RP Local Chat/TOS Communicator Mod
(Work started, thanks for the help Crown! However, we need a decent modeler to re-size the communicator item!)

This mod is somewhat different from other RP chat mods in that it is meant to be much more realistic. You can't send chat messages to the entire server at all unless you are using the TOS Communicator item. There is no OOC (out of character) chat function, and a minimal number of chat commands. It's a fairly simplistic RP chat mod.

Planned Features:
  • The range at which a chat message is "heard" is dependent on the content of the message. The larger a percentage of capital letters a message has, the farther its range is. So if you want people across a large room to hear you, you shout with all caps. This simulates having to yell to be heard over long distances in real life.
  • Allows usage of nickname with slash (/) commands, but will always show the player's actual name next to the nickname in chat, so people can know which player is who.
  • Using team chat allows you to whisper so that only people right next to you (probably within a 4 stud radius of your player) can hear you.
  • If you are standing next to a communicator block or holding a communicator (Star Trek Communicator mod enabled), and use team chat, instead of whispering, it will send the message to all players on the server.
  • Works only minigames
  • Fully RTB preference menu compatible. You can turn the mod on and off, change the values for maximum and minimum message distances, as well as whisper distance.

The TOS Communicator item, when held, would allow server-wide communications, as well as ship intercom announcements/inter-ship communications.
It would work in two ways: with brick events giving players "communicator privileges", and with hand-held communicator items giving players "communicator privileges"

Communicator Priveleges:
  • When a player has communicator privileges, they are able to send global chat messages using team chat. When they do not have communicator priveleges, they whisper when using team chat.
  • Communicator privileges given to clients/players via events have a timer on them for how long the player gets that privilege. It can be set just like brick disappearance events, giving players the permission forever with -1 (until its later revoked by other events setting their privilege time to 0 or a limited number), or giving it to them for a period of time. When the time is up, the player loses communicator privileges, and any future teamchat messages they send are whispers.
  • Communicator privileges given to clients/players via them having the Communicator item equipped only last so long as the player has the communicator item in use. When they switch to using another item, their communicator priveleges are revoked and all subsequent team chat messages are whispers.

This mod was already started by Ashyvee, but since Ashyvee has disappeared several months ago, he's no longer able to continue work on the mod. He did however leave me with his latest copy of the work on it, so if you want to give completing it a shot (with the provided guidelines above), please PM me and kindly help me finish the job!

Star Trek Tricorder Mod
(Mod script finished, thanks to the help of Crown! However, we still need a decent modeler!)

This mod is unique in what it does. It lets you "scan" objects in the surrounding environment, and learn a wide variety of things. Its basic functionality is the same as the Laser Pointer item. However, there are two variants to this that I am wanting; Two tricorder type items the player can hold:

Standard Tricorder:
  • When held and "fired" with left mouse (held down), the tricorder initiates centerprint text information on the player's screen that tells them about the thing they are scanning/looking at.
  • The Tricorder fires a raycasting projectile when used, that displays centerprint information to the player about what the projectile is hitting/what the player is looking at.
  • When scanning (left mouse button held down), it plays a sound loop of a tricorder.
  • Capabilities with Distance: Like the Laser Pointer mod (found on RTB archives), it can tell the player how far things are from them. This works with vehicles, bricks, players, and the ground. So basically works with everything.
  • When scanning bricks, displays the following information about the brick, in order as follows from top to bottom: The Brick's distance, its UI name, and its color.
  • When scanning players, displays the following information about the player, in order as follows from top to bottom: The Player's distance, its BL_ID, its username, and the items the player is carrying.
  • When scanning vehicles, displays the following information about the vehicle, in order as follows from top to bottom: The Vehicle's distance, its UI name (the vehicle it is in the vehicle spawn list), and its health.
  • When scanning the ground, simply displays its distance.

What it looks like:
http://www.plasmainfusion.com/st_prod_tos_tricorderle_lg.jpg
http://theawesomer.com/photos/2009/09/091709_trek_2.jpg
http://www.mwctoys.com/images/review_tricorder_5.jpg
http://www.mouser.com/blog/Portals/0/MikeParksPhotos/spockTricorder.jpg.jpeg
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/gallery/factfiles/tricorder-2260.jpg
http://img.trekmovie.com/images/merchandise/dst-ee-Sciencedetail.jpg

Medical Scanner
  • Works like the Tricorder, but is solely used for telling what the player's health and energy (if applicable) is.

What it looks like:
http://discuss.fleetworkshop.org/uploads/db1714/original/2X/3/3a11c40f339ce3c3acca7ca46e0e1e48b8239577.jpg
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/GG0OzuHqltM/maxresdefault.jpg
http://img.trekmovie.com/images/merchandise/dst-medtri2s.jpg
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTAwWDUwMQ==/z/SoQAAOxyGqZSX9-u/$T2eC16hHJH8FHQqTnqDfBS(9-t4,Cw~~60_59.JPG?set_id=880000500F
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/inconsistencies/refguide/tricorder-thesquireofgothos.jpg

Star Trek EVA Pack Mod
(Mod underway, courtesy of Zloff!)

For EVA walks on the ship, I want players to be able to fly around on the ship. I've concluded the easiest way to do that is to just have players use the AirSwimmer mod as an equippable jetpack item.

EVA Pack:
  • When equipped, it gives the player the power of the airswimmer mod. When de-equipped, the airswimmer effect is removed
  • When equipped, plays a looping sound effect (i will provide the sound loop for your convenience)
  • When equipped, mounts the EVA pack to the player's back

What it looks like:
(link irrelevant, thanks for the assistance zloff!)

Star Trek Hypospray Mod
(Got a modeler/scripter working on this! Thanks Honno!)

This is a fun mod, with different Hypospray items that can be used to heal people or cause various effects. I would like to see both TNG and TOS Hypospray models used for this. They'd only be different in models and sounds. You could left-click to use the hypospray on others, or right-click to use it on yourself.
When "fired" at a person, the hypospray plays a sound and instantly puts its effects on the person, and is discarded from the holder's inventory.

Different Hyposprays:
  • TOS Hypo: RP Blue - Blue hypospray used for roleplay purposes. Has no effects when used on a person.
  • TOS Hypo: RP Red - Red hypospray used for roleplay purposes. Has no effects when used on a person.
  • TOS Hypo: RP Yellow - Yellow hypospray used for roleplay purposes. Has no effects when used on a person.
  • TOS Hypo: RP Green - Green hypospray used for roleplay purposes. Has no effects when used on a person.
  • TOS Hypo: Solinol - Red-Pink hypospray; Tranquilizer. Causes affected person to tumble like when you fall off skis and be "stunned" for 15 seconds.
  • TOS Hypo: Lectrazine - Light-red hypospray; Light health potion. When used, causes player to have 30 health restored. If player is already at full health, causes player to be stunned for 10 seconds like Solinol.
  • TOS Hypo: Cordrazine - Dark-red hypospray; Heavy health potion. When used, causes player to have 90 health restored. If player already has 80% health or more, it causes causes a throbbing red screen flash that lasts for 15 seconds, inflicts 75 points of damage on the player, and causes the player to run extremely fast for the next 30 seconds.
  • TOS Hypo: Cyalodin - Orange-Yellow hypospray; Self Delete/Poison serum. When used, drains the player's health by 10 points every second. Deals 120 points of damage overall (lasts for 12 seconds). To prevent people from dying from this, a doctor must inject them with a health hypospray after about 5 seconds.

What it looks like:
http://www.ditl.org/Images/M/MedicalHypoTOS1.jpg
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/gallery/factfiles/hypospray-2260.jpg
https://www.yourprops.com/movieprops/original/yp4e43bbd17e1e39.96822769/Star-Trek-The-Original-Series-TOS-SD-Studios-Mk-III-Hypospray-1.jpg

Star Trek TOS Class-F Shuttlecraft Vehicle
(Got a modeler working on this (Cowboy Dude) but I am in need of a decent scripter and vehicle mount/mechanic modeler!)

One of the most famous auxilary spacecraft vehicles in all of science fiction, the Galileo-7 TOS Class F Shuttlecraft from Star Trek: The Original Series is a legendary craft that we just can't go without. It would be perfect for our Star Trek RPs, and is desperately needed as a proper Star Trek vehicle, as no other such vehicles exist.

What the vehicle would be like:

• Overall, no wider than 13 studs, no longer than 22 studs.
  • Would seat 6 people inside, in 3 rows of 2.
  • Would have 1 forward-facing raycasting light-blue phaser weapon, fired by the pilot.
  • Flying/driving mechanics like that of the flying wheeled jeep. Would have "invisible wheels" when on a surface (but would have the appearance of just sitting on said surface), and would take off and land like the flying wheeled jeep does.
  • Would have proper colors and markings on it for a TOS shuttlecraft, though without lettering.
  • When players exit the vehicle, it would deposit them out to the side of the craft by the door, rather than exiting them on top of the vehicle.

What it looks like:
http://imgur.com/a/tsJez

Star Trek TOS Advanced Shuttlecraft Vehicle
(I am in need of a decent scripter and vehicle mount/mechanic modeler for this one!)

This version of the TOS Class-F shuttlecraft is the one meant for dedicated use aboard my Kane-class Cruiser. It's a souped-up, sleeker version of the Class-F TOS Shuttlecraft, with much greater acceleration, more health, and two powerful phaser cannons on the sides of the ship's forward-facing structure.

• Overall, no wider than 15 studs, no longer than 24 studs.
  • Would seat 6 people inside, in 3 rows of 2.
  • Would have 2 forward-facing raycasting light-blue phaser cannons, fired by the pilot.
  • Flying/driving mechanics like that of the flying wheeled jeep, but with much stronger acceleration. Would have "invisible wheels" when on a surface (but would have the appearance of just sitting on said surface), and would take off and land like the flying wheeled jeep does.
  • Would have proper colors and markings on it, though without lettering.
  • When players exit the vehicle, it would deposit them out to the side of the craft by the door, rather than exiting them on top of the vehicle.

What it looks like:
http://imgur.com/a/WIvE0

Star Trek TMP Standard Shuttlecraft Vehicle
(I am in need of a vehicle modeler, decent scripter, and vehicle mount/mechanic modeler to do this!)

This shuttlecraft is a must-have for NASAboy3000's TMP Enterprise build. It is from the first 6 motion picture movies, and was seen in particular detail in Star Trek V.

• Overall, no wider than 13 studs, no longer than 23 studs.
  • Would seat 7 people inside, with 1 person in the 1st row (pilot) facing forward, and the next 6 people in 3 rows of 2 that are facing each other, inward.
  • Would have 1 forward-facing projectile yellow TMP phaser weapon, fired by the pilot.
  • Flying/driving mechanics like that of the flying wheeled jeep. Would have "invisible wheels" when on a surface (but would have the appearance of just sitting on said surface), and would take off and land like the flying wheeled jeep does.
  • Would have proper colors and markings on it for a TMP shuttlecraft, though without lettering.

What it looks like:
http://imgur.com/a/LV6MZ

If we can get these mods made, it will help tremendously towards the well-being of future Star Trek RPs on the server.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 03:21:30 PM by Planr »

Hey guys sorry it's been a few weeks since anything's been posted. Work is continuing on the Kane class's warp nacelle template.

But in the meantime, i've got something new and interesting to share.

Ford class Frigate - Alpha Pictures #1

I had an old 64x3-diameter (192-stud) saucer template I had made back in 2012 when I first joined Block Trek. I had planned to make a ship with it called the "Archer class" but it never got very far.
Luckily this ship survived the years hidden away on that .zip file in my email server I talked about in the introduction section in the OP.

The other day I was showing all the ships I had made or worked on to one of my server guests (another huge trek fan and elite force vet out there, thanks for the support William Blade!), when I loaded this ship up. I just knew I couldn't let it go to waste, and I saw an opportunity to continue it. However, upon googling to see if someone had already used my ship's class name for any other Trek ship works, I was bummed out to see someone had not only already used the name, but that the same ship had a very similar design to what I was planning! make a cool new ship design with what I had already built.

So, needing a new ship class name, I also decided to go for a design i've been wanting to do for a long time... the Kelvin style design. Only on this occasion, the ship would have 2 nacelles instead of 1 nacelle and 1 engineering hull. This would still work with Roddenberry's starfleet design rules.

Here's the picture I am going off of for the ship's design, though I will do a few things differently from the picture (namely placing the deflector dish on the front of the saucer, rather than having it hung out from the bottom like some old sci-fi ray gun dish).

Now on to what i've got so far :)

The Ford class Frigate is technically the second-largest Star Trek ship I will be building, being slightly larger than the Daedalus and Greyhound class ships while being a fair deal smaller than the Kane class. It only has 5 decks, in its present design.

The ship has a 192-stud diameter saucer section, which is considerably smaller than the 256-stud diameter saucer of the Kane class. It is thinner as well. In case you can't tell, it has a somewhat simpler, "old-timer" look to it (at least IMO), which is why I named it the Ford class, after the old Model T car that Henry Ford is famous for. I plan to design the interior in the early TOS style seen on the original Star Trek pilot, "The Cage".

Unlike the picture I showed of this general design, I moved the deflector dish to the front of the ship and gave it an appropriate structure to go along with it.

Thank you for following the development of Block Trek. More to come soon! Also please remember to spread the word, we are in need of the help of modelers and scripters to help make some vital Star Trek mods for this project!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 02:45:37 AM by Planr »

wow this really grew from the original topic on just that one ship you were building.

you're asking for a lot of mods here - its unlikely they all will be done
the hypospray mod sounds a lot like the syringes mod; although not the exact same model design it seems similar enough for RP purposes.
if you insist on a custom model, though, magus could probably help you out on that. I just need to teach him how to set up for exporting and such.

the tricorder sounds like an easy edit of my laser range finder. could try to do it yourself as a challenge to yourself to learn how to code in torque. one issue i have though is how do you tell between ground and brick, if the bricks make up the ground?

wow this really grew from the original topic on just that one ship you were building.
Yeah, i'm really surprised it's come this far. And it shall continue! :D

the hypospray mod sounds a lot like the syringes mod; although not the exact same model design it seems similar enough for RP purposes.
if you insist on a custom model, though, magus could probably help you out on that. I just need to teach him how to set up for exporting and such.
Honno's already making the Hypospray mod. He just has a few things left to do with it and then it'll be ready. Here's a picture of the hypos he's made.

the tricorder sounds like an easy edit of my laser range finder.
I really don't know how hard it would be to make the tricorder, but it would need to be able to consistently display a variety of information about the bricks, vehicles, bots, or players it is looking at. I'll upload a video of the tricorder item on Elite Force's tw2 mod so you can get an idea of what it would look and act like when in use.

could try to do it yourself as a challenge to yourself to learn how to code in torque.
I don't know how to write or use torquescript at all, and no offense, but it's just not something I feel is worthwhile investing my time in... I've already got my hands full building 4 ships after all, as well as a space station interior map, and more soundpacks, prints, and music loops.

one issue i have though is how do you tell between ground and brick, if the bricks make up the ground?
Since the tricorder wouldn't be used much on the ground anyway (it would be used aboard ships and on modter planet builds with invisible ground on the server with a space background), I imagine it would be fine for it to just not handle ground scanning at all, and instead just simply scan bricks, players, bots, and vehicles (item pickups too if possible!).
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 04:28:26 PM by Planr »

I can script the tricorder. Yeah, it'll be similar to the laser pointer thing but there are a few interesting aspects to it. Can't model though.

I can script the tricorder. Yeah, it'll be similar to the laser pointer thing but there are a few interesting aspects to it. Can't model though.
Sweet! I hope the details i've laid out for it already will be helpful in its development; i'll shoot you the audio files for it over PM.

Ch'Tang-class Klingon Bird of Prey - Alpha Pictures #1

Yep, that's right, it's finally time for an alien ship! I've been working steadily on Block Trek for the past 8 months and just the other day, I finally started work on the first non-Starfleet ship! Say hello to the Ch'Tang class Klingon Bird of Prey, designed by talented 3D artist and hardcore Star Trek fan David Metlesits. It's a very small TOS-era Klingon scout-destroyer vessel, only 90 meters in length at full scale, which makes it a challenge to build at 2/3 scale (being about the same length as Comr4de's Lucifer class Frigate!), but nonetheless it is happening and I am having a blast so far building this baby. This ship will have at least 3 decks.

Here's a 3D rendering of it done by David Metlesits.

I'd also like to show you just how small it is in terms of scale. Here it is next to the famous Constitution class USS Enterprise.

Now on to the main pictures!

Here I am standing on top of the current superstructure of the ship. I only have the neck and part of the head-section built so far. See how tiny this ship is compared to my other ones?!

First screenshot of the very cramped Commander's Quarters, on Deck 2. The average heightspace on each deck of the ship is only 5 bricks and 2 plates! I wouldn't dare go any lower.

Second screenshot of the cramped Commander's Quarters. At least he has a comfy solid metal bed and a window to look out of!

One of the two airlocks on Deck 2. Since space is severely limited, I placed the airlock control panel outside in the hall since there wasn't room for an airlock control room suite.

The Officer's Mess, in the rear section of Deck 2. It has two small windows that look out to the aft section of the ship.

A standard-designed corridor in the neck section of the ship, on Deck 3. At least there is a decent view of space from here.

Entrance area to the Cargo Hold in the neck, on Deck 3. This door is designed to be similar to the one seen on the Klingon ship level in Star Trek Voyager Elite Force.

The brand-new Cargo Hold interior, which I just finished hours before making this post. Like the door in the previous screenshot, this room is designed to be very similar to the Neck Cargo Hold on the Klingon ship level from Star Trek Voyager Elite Force.

That's all for now! :)

bumping this epic stuff... the officer's mess and cargo hold are just beautiful. corridor is perfect as well, so attractive for such a mundane passage. when were you when you realize Planr was space god... I was on blf look at legos.

nice builds
a borg cube would be neat

Thanks for the support guys. It means a lot.

a borg cube would be neat
I would love to see a borg cube on Blockland myself CapitalBaka, but it's simply not practical with the limitations of the engine, the span of time required to build one, and the performance capabilities of modern computers. Doing one at even 2/3 scale would greatly exceed the brick count multiple times over (we're literally talking tens to hundreds of millions of bricks). I mean, you could possibly do it with modter, but that is kind of cheap and is a bitch to clear bricks on (as Magus can attest with his 1:1 scale star destroyer build).

Additionally, you wouldn't even be able to view the entire ship in one frame. Even the smaller Borg sphere (600-meter diameter ship) is absolutely massive (exactly 1,300 studs in diameter at 2/3 scale), and very hard to do. I decided long ago that due to their complexity and generally large size, I would not be doing any TNG-era ships or builds in general. Remousamavi is building the USS Voyager, however (or is attempting to, at a very slow rate), and he might be up for building a small Borg ship later on; i'd have to ask him about it.

Some bullstuff drama happened tonight that I feel I ought to share here, as it really bothers me; however, since it is not a settled matter yet, I will wait until tomorrow before sharing the details.

Never mind, not worth bothering to make a post about at this point.

zip zop zoopity bop
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 11:11:50 PM by Planr »

Kane class Cruiser - Recent Inactivity Notice

Hey guys. Just letting everyone know that this project is not dead. However, progress has been considerably slow as I now have a job and am working often, plus I am starting college again in two weeks. I don't have much free time to do stuff, and there are many other things in my life right now that are a higher priority than Blockland.

Nonetheless, enjoy these nice screenshots I took of the ship this evening. Warp nacelles still aren't attached yet, there's lettering to be done on the hull, as well as phaser banks, and decal stripes. The deflector dish is totally done, however.

More to come soon hopefully.

next you need to build the USS Discovery, the best ship in star trek history ;)