Author Topic: 2015/10/13 - The Forgettable Dungeon - Kickstarter complete $17,000 raised!  (Read 96213 times)

would it be possible to have the particles that fly around have a hitbox?
like they could actually roll on their sides and stuff, and bounce off eachother

As cool as that would be that is an insane amount of processing with that. Right now the system uses very simple tricks to allow for a pretty high amount of pixel debris. It's only limited by rendering at the moment.

do you think as another stretch goal would be workshop for steam?

I actually already planned for steam workshop support... I should perhaps mention that in the feature list lol.

Maybe someone should post this on Facepunch, that might pick things up again

I would love it if you guys posted it around to places that would be into it.

Good luck! I may pool with some friends for the 4 pack.

I'll be getting the name in the credits of course.

I actually already planned for steam workshop support... I should perhaps mention that in the feature list lol.
Perfect, all we need now is filmbots for this

We're almost halfway there!

As cool as that would be that is an insane amount of processing with that. Right now the system uses very simple tricks to allow for a pretty high amount of pixel debris. It's only limited by rendering at the moment.
maybe still have an option for it, for super-powerful computers?

maybe still have an option for it, for super-powerful computers?
honestly its probably not worth the effort

part of good program design is having a list of NOT-FEATURES so one doesn't spend time developing these when it could be used elsewhere. this seems like one of them.
visually i don't think the effect would be much better, plus the debris of the particles would bounce around and clutter the screen making it harder to read what's going on.

Holy stuff look at the reddit gaming front page, http://reddit.com/r/gaming

Whoever posted this thank you so much.

Today I am going to make so many more gifs lol.

Edit: for those who missed it one of the gifs I put up got pretty high on r/gaming, I didn't link it out of fear they'd remove it for "vote tampering". It was the it's dangerous to go alone gif.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 11:06:12 AM by Rotondo »

Can't back it up because the only virtual currency not 2stronk is steam, but i'm definitely telling everyone about it. My dog is very excited!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 06:13:20 AM by SgtDaemon »

Another youtuber put up a video, this time it was one of the mindcrack guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dk7wN11qa4

They seemed to have a lot of fun with it.

You can't imagine how much of a relief it is to see people having fun with something you've worked on for so long.

Another youtuber put up a video, this time it was one of the mindcrack guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dk7wN11qa4

They seemed to have a lot of fun with it.

You can't imagine how much of a relief it is to see people having fun with something you've worked on for so long.
Now all you need is paul to play. He is a mindcrack guy too. I feel so great for you Rotondo that your game is doing so well reception wise.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 11:47:29 AM by rggbnnnnn »

How does one get ahold of the kickstarter demo? Do you have to donate a certain amount or did you just send out copies to different reviewers who requested it?

How does one get ahold of the kickstarter demo? Do you have to donate a certain amount or did you just send out copies to different reviewers who requested it?
Pretty sure Rotondo has selectively forwarded it to youtubers/media sources that would do coverage on it. It's not openly available.

Ahh, still sticking to the blocky design of your games and Badspot's? Nice.

Ahh, still sticking to the blocky design of your games and Badspot's? Nice.

All games will be blocks.

----

Guude from mindcrack put up the video from his perspective playing the game,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t9GZG7R894

Honestly these videos have been invaluable, not just for promoting the kickstarter but now I can see exactly how things work clientside vs server side.