oRBs Official Release With Mod Manager

Author Topic: oRBs Official Release With Mod Manager  (Read 23531 times)

Hello One and All!

The blockland community is all to familiar with how enjoyable RTB made gameplay, moderation, chatting, and the overall experience in blockland.
I enjoyed RTB so much that I took it upon myself to revive and renew the favored client.
Thus oRBs was born, old Return to Blockland support.
The purpose of oRBs is to give users a friendly, familiar interface and means to message and keep contact with other uses via an in-game client that will also function to ease the modding process while providing an enjoyable experience in addition to the current blockland experience.
I've taken the liberty to add screenshots of some of the functionality of the client:

Of course oRBs would not be complete without a functional mod manager. Ease of convenience is the aim here and with the mod manager we hope to revive the modding community to at least a fraction of what it was during RTB's reign.

I am currently working on bringing back the RTB archive addons to oRBs, if you have an addon you would like to see immediately added simply post it on the oRBs forum.

There must be a base of operations for such a client and a place for users to come together to post suggestions, report bugs, and ask questions. Look no further we've already got the answer.

Of convenience for users, oRBs will automatically try and connect you to your oRBs user forums account!

I would like to thank all of you that have encouraged me to complete this work and who have assisted in the testing and development of oRBs despite the multiple attacks against my servers.

I hope you will enjoy using this as much as I have.

- DAProgs

You can get the latest version on the oRBs forum http://orbs.daprogs.com/forum
Or this direct link to an older version that will auto-update.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 08:25:53 PM by Tenshi »

So eventually this will have add-on submitting and stuff?

How about an option to not have the server list show which servers have this or not.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 08:52:12 PM by Crøwn »

Yes

How about an option to not have the server list show which servers have this or not.
Suggestion noted

you've posted this in like forgetin 4 subforums

the official release needs an official topic

the official release needs an official topic
in 4 different subforums?

woopsy doopsy
silly me trying to get the word out

The official topic is the one DAProgs posted
I suppose I got over excited in my desire to share the release with many patrons of the blockland forums

4x the officialness
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 09:24:25 PM by Tenshi »

Yes, I am tweaking the approval routines, so at the moment I add the downloads but soon authors will have the ability to upload their own.

You mean you would want to have the option to remove the oRBs column in the server list?

"oRBs was unable to authenticate you, please reconnect" what?

"oRBs was unable to authenticate you, please reconnect" what?

This is most likely because of special characters in your name. PM me you blid and in-game name so I may look into it

An in-game mod manager with all the old stuff back on it sounds sweet.