Author Topic: I've just been diagnosed with Glaucoma (STILL No Surgery!)  (Read 28050 times)

oh forget best of luck op
can I donate you my eye

could someone explain why the surgeries are riskier then medication?
i mean that you're going blind anyways, what additional risks can these surgeries provide?
also did the docs say that they're risky?

i really don't know, please enlighten me.

could someone explain why the surgeries are riskier then medication?
i mean that you're going blind anyways, what additional risks can these surgeries provide?
also did the docs say that they're risky?

i really don't know, please enlighten me.
option one is an implant, which rigel said can get infected
which is probably really bad, and, only guessing here, could result in loss of the eyeball

and option two is just rolling the roulette

when you say 'go blind' do you mean in both eyes or just one?
forgive me but i have not kept up with this thread

is it just your left eye or both eyes?

id try the risky surgery on the left eye, if it forgets up you've still got another one

if you can't get the problem solved you can go nuclear I guess

do it. if you're going blind anyway.

option one is an implant, which rigel said can get infected
which is probably really bad, and, only guessing here, could result in loss of the eyeball

and option two is just rolling the roulette

if that's it on the first one.

go for it.

stuff Rigel. Sorry to hear that man

i hate to be the party pooper but things are not looking good for you

You can still wear an eyepatch within reason and look bad ass though. That's the only bright side I can think of. Sorry man.

look on the bright side :)
not looking good for you
I CAN'T SEE THE BRIGHT SIDE

I've got severe glaucoma in both eyes, it's just the left eye that's giving out first. I've lost most of my peripheral vision in it now. I've got literal tunnel vision.

Anyway, the problem is that both surgeries are very risky, and the medication will make me miserable if I don't do the surgery. So it's pretty much lose-lose. I'm most likely going to get the valve-surgery-thing, because it's just somewhat less risky than the other, even with the amount of unknowns.

I swear, at this point I'm going to have some weird condition or surgery procedure named after me.

:(

I'm sorry you've gotta deal with this stuff.

if only decent cybernetic eyes were available to the public. I think whatever you do, you shouldn't rely on that medication too long since it's got a chance of giving you other health problems

:< I'm so sorry op. going blind is probably one of the scariest things I could imagine. I hope things work out for you man

Rigel pls

You gotta see. Do it for me bae. You're gonna make it!

It's gotta work this time. It's gotta.