40 (26.7%)
No
35 (23.3%)
Moltenkitten don't derail again
32 (21.3%)
OP made a stuffty thread and should go die
43 (28.7%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author Topic: Who the forget is annoyed by the pledge of allegiance  (Read 5434 times)

Pledge of Allegiance came around cus historically we're forgetin rebels

didn't want to pledge our taxes to dum old king george ye', so we came up with the pledge to make ourselves feel like we're in a special club.  :cookieMonster:

Okay wasn't gonna write an essay but you putting right in quotation makrs irked me to no end..
[rant]

Nations today take their right to express their opinion for granted constantly, especially in USA in my experience. It is a norm for you that you have enough security to worry about gimmicky stuff like pledge of allegiance. The freedom your ancestors fought for, died for, was so you wouldn't have to hide your flag in your backyard in a box praying for the conditions to change. As an Estonian I have the privilege to know how much it means to have the right to wave your flag, own it even, and celebrate your country how you see fit. Since I wasn't born yet/very young I have no first-hand experience, but my parents lived the better part of their lives under soviet rule. My mother tells me stories about how once she found a small estonian flag, you know, the ones with the wooden stick the size of your finger, in the cupboard and told his parents, they didn't exchange a word about it and it was gone by tomorrow. There was so much fear about snitches, you could literally tell your neighbor was an estonian nationalist and get them in a lot of hot water, into gulag if he had an something like a flag or something. More rebellious youngsters used to gather in more isolated places and while camping carefully sing songs about freedom, what they really wanted. Do not make the mistake of taking what your ancestors fought for, paid for with their lives for granted, I know I won't.
[/rant]
I understand where you're coming from (and the illegal occupation of the Baltics was really tragic and horrible), but technically it wasn't Estonia at the time, so you did have the right to have pride in your country; you just didn't have the right not to.

Saying the pledge of allegiance every goddamn day at school and being forced to do it
C.A.L.M down man. If you don't like it, move to a different country. Or homeschool (lol kill me already man)

people don't take it that religious its just another way of stating your loyalty to your country

I mean jesus forget if you don't like it you just don't have to say it. your not being forced to do so and to be honest no one cares

I think your just trying to find something to get mad over and this is all u got
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 06:44:22 PM by Damp »

If you don't like it, move to a different country.
wow. it's like magic! suddenly, all of my problems are solved!