40 (26.7%)
No
35 (23.3%)
Moltenkitten don't derail again
32 (21.3%)
OP made a stuffty thread and should go die
43 (28.7%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author Topic: Who the forget is annoyed by the pledge of allegiance  (Read 5437 times)

thank god i don't
I don't remember if I posted it on the forum, but in Junior year I started to stay sitting for the pledge, mostly because I was tired as forget and wanted to half-sleep through it, but my chemistry professor came over after announcements and just flat out told me that I needed to at least stand if I wasn't going to say it.

He was also my robotics team adviser, so sadly I just chose to stand for the rest of the year rather than do anything about it. Ah, teenage angst, how I miss thee.

Go back to Russia commie

The stuff are you on about, mate?
loving nevermind
21st amendment
This is what I was referencing
2nd amendment
We had it 100 years ago, right?
are you taking a piss
My brain decided to smartass it

loving nevermind
What the actual christ are you talking about lol

21st amendment
This is what I was referencing
...prohibition didn't happen until 1920. alcohol was still legal in the united states one hundred years ago

2nd amendment
We had it 100 years ago, right?
we've had it since the constitution was first drafted. are you stupid?

the kinds of people who are "proud americans" seem to have a tendency to be tribal too, but I'm not sure they're related and I don't think I've ever seen anyone who has said they are

It's a bit more complex than that, but it seems to me that the staunch conservative half of the country are predominantly religious, xenophobic and patriotic by nature.

he said rights that we didn't have lmao
OH forget I MISREAD IT
MY BAD

I don't pledge allegiance to any country who screws it's people over.  I hate being "compelled" to do it.

america, land of the loving EXPENSIVE healthcare

Who cares? Honestly, it's just a few sentences you have to say every day. It's not physically hurting you. And as for the anthem, it's just standing for a couple of minutes.

you don't even have to say the pledge or stand for the anthem

Snip
The under God part was added in the fifties because communists are atheists.
It doesn't ever matter

all we do is say prayers, it's optional and we only do it twice.