40 (26.7%)
No
35 (23.3%)
Moltenkitten don't derail again
32 (21.3%)
OP made a stuffty thread and should go die
43 (28.7%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author Topic: Who the forget is annoyed by the pledge of allegiance  (Read 5443 times)

Im an american citizen who goes to an american school, and I don't have to sell my soul to a flag every day. I should have clarified that more, my bad.
I was talking about the:
Alcohol, breathing, guns
But yeah, very few states don't require the pledge in the morning. You must live in like Vermont or something.

Maryland. My Elementry / Middle school required it.
And I was answering your question. We had the right to bear arms, we might have had it taken away, but we still have it, and why the forget would you take away the right to breathe?

Maryland. My Elementry / Middle school required it.
And I was answering your question. We had the right to bear arms, we might have had it taken away, but we still have it, and why the forget would you take away the right to breathe?
The stuff are you on about, mate?

why the forget would you take away the right to breathe?
what

I don't mind it, but it bothers me that the words "Under God" are included in the current edition of the pledge, considering they carry a connotation of a unified church and state, along with only being added in the 50's to directly oppose communism discouraging religious services.

Also, my high school is only required to say the pledge every Monday morning.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 07:50:54 PM by WaterOre »

the only thing that bothers me about the pledge it the "to the Republic for which it stands" part. i definitely do not support some of the federal governments choices

The only part about it that annoys me is when people say that being a proud American is tribal, and that the pledge is offensive...

The only part about it that annoys me is when people say that being a proud American is tribal, and that the pledge is offensive...
The pledge is dumb, not offensive. Being a proud American is fine though, I don't know anyone that's said it was tribal.

the only thing that bothers me about the pledge it the "to the Republic for which it stands" part. i definitely do not support some of the federal governments choices
I always imagined that as meaning that you pledge to what the nation stood for when it was started. The right to freedom and so forth
"Under god" is just an unnecessary addition

I always imagined that as meaning that you pledge to what the nation stood for when it was started. The right to freedom and so forth
"Under god" is just an unnecessary addition
Nah, you're literally pledging allegiance to the Republic, which is basically pledging allegiance to yourself.

pretty sure this propagandic tradition ends in high school

pretty sure this propagandic tradition ends in high school
My high school had it.

We had the right to bear arms, we might have had it taken away
lmao what

so the only part that matters, then
other than that you're just pledging allegiance to... a flag? idk what that's supposed to mean, but it certainly doesn't mean anything in reality
people say that being a proud American is tribal
the kinds of people who are "proud americans" seem to have a tendency to be tribal too, but I'm not sure they're related and I don't think I've ever seen anyone who has said they are