Caribou is back again as Bear_Tracks

Author Topic: Caribou is back again as Bear_Tracks  (Read 15760 times)

Aside from the odd way he presented it, chappers seems to be right
It looks to me like Tracks is legitimately trying to make his status better
But y'know of course since this is the blf it's "forget you for pretending to improve"

It'd be nice if the handful of you that walked into this thread guns blazing would give Tracks at least a chance. This is the only time I've seen him try to make amends for his actions so he probably means it. I'm not sure why the automatic response was "no, history will repeat itself, forget off before it does".

Uhh guys his personality hasn't changed at all. He's just trolling ingame instead of doing it here.

Uhh guys his personality hasn't changed at all. He's just trolling ingame instead of doing it here.
Just sit on a populated server for a while and you'll see him join and start his stuff again

only seen him at one server and he seemed nice and didn't try to start any stuff

Qwepir, I haven't done anything wrong on this account. It would be extremely unfair if I were to be banned right now because of what was done on previous accounts, which I already faced major consequences for.
You know what's actually unfair?

I bought my copy of the game, and I joined the community, and I've honestly put in effort to hopefully be known as a generally pleasant person, or at least someone who doesn't cause trouble.
I've held my tongue on many occasions over the years, where I thought that if I got further into an argument I'd get myself in trouble, or I thought I'd get people to dislike me.
I've made sure to follow the rules, even those unwritten ones, and I've never caused trouble ingame. I've never been banned for breaking a rule, I've never even had a Drama topic about me, or caused a topic to spiral into an argument about me.
I've never had an alternative account, either to joke around on/cause trouble, or as a replacement for my own, or even a potential replacement in the expectation that I get banned.

After 8 years on this forum, almost half a year actually online, I can happily say that at the very least, most people probably don't have any strong opinions about me, and at least a few people like me a little bit or more.
And there are many many other forumers who have a similar history on these forums, and on this game, whether they've been here for months, years, or even a decade.

But then there are people like you.
People who have put in no effort to be pleasant, or have even made deliberate attempts to be unpleasant, sour, rude, argumentative, mean.
People who have actively ignored the rules, time and time again. Even seemingly playing "Rule Bingo" and trying to break as many as they can. They've paraded around in game, causing trouble, whether it's mean-spirited, in trolling and arguing, or even downright malicious, in trying to crash servers, or scam players.
They've caused topic after topic to spiral into stuffstorms, and sometimes even play the innocent game afterwards. And they have a whole museum of Drama Topics about their actions both in game, on the forums, and sometimes even elsewhere.
They've been banned more times than you count, have entire pages of the Members List dedicated to their Alts, and are just planning ahead to their next one.

And then they keep coming back, and despite the fact that they've caused so much trouble, and been so horrible to be around, they insist that they should be given a clean slate, and treated the same way as people who have followed the rules and avoided trouble, either pleasantly, or as if they've done nothing wrong.
And I am expected to wait and let them stuff everywhere again, until they inevitably get banned again. And then wait the weeks, or even months before they're back once more, begging for a clean slate, or acting like nothing happened.

That is what is unfair.

Thank you. You have no idea how much I wanted to say something like this multiple times for so long.

Caribou was banned? When?

caribou is also some anarcho-capitalist libertarian mix sort of guy so I don't want him on here anyways

And then they keep coming back, and despite the fact that they've caused so much trouble, and been so horrible to be around, they insist that they should be given a clean slate, and treated the same way as people who have followed the rules and avoided trouble, either pleasantly, or as if they've done nothing wrong.
And I am expected to wait and let them stuff everywhere again, until they inevitably get banned again. And then wait the weeks, or even months before they're back once more, begging for a clean slate, or acting like nothing happened.

That is what is unfair.
I just cannot even loving fathom how it is possible for these people to be so broken that they have to go through multiple accounts. The rules here are so lax that you have to basically go out of your way to get banned and yet every time one of these handicaps comes crawling back with a new key they will without fail have a posse of people around them saying "they're not so bad!! give them another chance!". Screw that, everyone here gets more than enough chances from a single account. If they weren't a problem they wouldn't have been banned in the first place, let alone a second or third time.

If you've had 3 chances to improve you've had enough already.

Yeah I do agree with this. There are problem users however who have made good effort to clean up their act and get themselves back into the normal crowd. Take trinick for example (probably most extreme example as idk what Glass' deal is), who was banned a good 10-15 times, yet now very few people have any issues with him even when they were around for his shenanigans.

There are problem users however who have made good effort to clean up their act and get themselves back into the normal crowd.

That's more on their behalf than ours. Nobody deserves a second chance, they have to start being decent people or they can forget off

Caribou hasn't changed one bit I can guarantee you guys this. If anyone here legitimately believes he's changed, then feel free to bend over and let him go to town on you when he decides to have another mental breakdown

Yeah I do agree with this. There are problem users however who have made good effort to clean up their act and get themselves back into the normal crowd. Take trinick for example (probably most extreme example as idk what Glass' deal is), who was banned a good 10-15 times, yet now very few people have any issues with him even when they were around for his shenanigans.
Well even when trinick was a problem user he still contributed to the game and helped people with nerdy coding stuff. Caribou on the other hand has never contributed to this game

No edit: XR caribou has only stated how he has changed but has shown the complete opposite in game. So why would we just mindlessly accept him back into the community

Chappers I've always known you to be a chill kid what are you doing

this