Author Topic: Psychonauts 2 (!!!!)  (Read 4511 times)

So how does fig.co work? Is it like kickstarter where if you don't reach your goal you don't get your money or do you get the money even if it's underfunded?

So how does fig.co work? Is it like kickstarter where if you don't reach your goal you don't get your money or do you get the money even if it's underfunded?
Well I type in the url and it redirects me straight to the Psychonauts campaign, so apparently it exists just for that one game. They probably didn't even consider the possibility of people wising up, because it's Psychonauts 2 - of course it's gonna be funded by a bunch of dopes who started foaming at the mouth 3 seconds into the announcement trailer.

It's all or nothing

Well I type in the url and it redirects me straight to the Psychonauts campaign, so apparently it exists just for that one game. They probably didn't even consider the possibility of people wising up, because it's Psychonauts 2 - of course it's gonna be funded by a bunch of dopes who started foaming at the mouth 3 seconds into the announcement trailer.

The reason fig.co redirects to the Psychonauts campaign is because the site is a little more formal than something like Kickstarter, so Psychonauts is the only currently active campaign

There were two others that finished, Outer Wilds (which succeeded) and Anchors in the Drift (which failed)

The reason fig.co redirects to the Psychonauts campaign is because the site is a little more formal than something like Kickstarter, so Psychonauts is the only currently active campaign

There were two others that finished, Outer Wilds (which succeeded) and Anchors in the Drift (which failed)
Huh. I'm thinking "crowdfunding page for a double fine game" is pretty much the single worst thing you could use as the homepage of a formal games investment platform, but then it's two-thirds of the way funded, so what do I know? Some assurance of oversight is nice but I've heard Tim Schafer is a pain to work with so I expect disaster either way.

Huh. I'm thinking "crowdfunding page for a double fine game" is pretty much the single worst thing you could use as the homepage of a formal games investment platform, but then it's two-thirds of the way funded, so what do I know? Some assurance of oversight is nice but I've heard Tim Schafer is a pain to work with so I expect disaster either way.

People are stupid. They'll throw their money at anything. Just look at Feminist Frequency.

People are stupid. They'll throw their money at anything. Just look at Feminist Frequency.

To be fair the average donator was women and white knights.

To be fair the average donator was women and white knights.

Feminist Frequency got funded AGAIN after they e-begged a second time even though they never finished the first FF series like they promised they would.

Feminist Frequency got funded AGAIN after they e-begged a second time even though they never finished the first FF series like they promised they would.
Not surprised. I bet people would fund another game by code}{atch or chucklefish.

code}{atch abandoned the game without promised features, Chucklefish is still working on their game. Such a stupid arguement.

Anita Sarkeesian begged on twitter for a new loving super computer costing over 1,000+ dollars. Despite going waaaaaaaaaay over her goal on kickstarter it seems like she can't afford a super computer.

of course it's gonna be funded by a bunch of dopes who started foaming at the mouth 3 seconds into the announcement trailer.
A quick look at the avatar was all I needed to know that your opinion is completely worthless.

code}{atch abandoned the game without promised features, Chucklefish is still working on their game. Such a stupid arguement.
"working"

Chucklefish is still working on their game.

With almost no development direction and such a bad outlook on criticism, Chucklefish doesn't have a whole lot of steam in the engine.

Starbound is a technically impressive game that doesn't hold up very well in every other aspect, and the main issue with it's development that it's already so far into development that it's going to be even harder to change it's fundamental flaws now that so many things rely on them.

A quick look at the avatar was all I needed to know that your opinion is completely worthless.
Care to refresh my memory? I remember you being an idiot, but I can't remember exactly where I realized that. Were you the dumbass who tried to use a chat room for a dozen or so people watching E3 as an excuse to become moderator for a Steam group with three-thousand members?

Whatever the case, feel free to throw away your money away like a dope and/or foam from whatever orifice you like in reaction to any marketing materials. I've always believed people who waste their money on this sort of thing get what they deserve whether it works out or not. Maybe you'll get lucky, and Double Fine will realize there are better ways to keep the office warm than shoveling your money into the furnace.