2015/12/23 - Blockland r1984

Author Topic: 2015/12/23 - Blockland r1984  (Read 142584 times)

Which is when the runtime errors occurred.

The old duplicator and the old old duplicator basically copy the color directly, if you have your paint can as a fx for some reason it breaks it and I don't know why.
i can't quite perform this with the old old duplicator
how do you do the magenta duplicator thing

how do you do the magenta duplicator thing
Well, I was wrong, Shift Kitty explained how it occurs.
Basically the duplicator copies the colorID over, if it copies an invalid colorID, it will be invisible and magenta.

where are the hats men

This is like the 3rd time in the day my server gets a runtime error "pure virtual function call"

please find a fix quickly

This is like the 3rd time in the day my server gets a runtime error "pure virtual function call"

please find a fix quickly

Replace your blockland.exe with the one in my post here and exec the script after you start the server

My randomizer DM uses Zeblote's new BL exe and the download fix and I haven't had a runtime error. This server has been running for days and half the time the server has 12+ players.

Either way when Badspot added the speed system, that's when the runtime errors occurred. Most likely the client receives packets and then sends them back in big blobs which could possibly flood the server with it. Changing the packet rate aka using a dll or changing vars in the exe to a lower amount will help it have a less chance of overflowing the server with packets.

Upwards of 70+ people on New Years with fast packets and the fix and we have had 0 crashes.

Upwards of 70+ people on New Years with fast packets and the fix and we have had 0 crashes.
Yea but pretty bad lag at times

Upwards of 70+ people

I'm fairly certain his point is that it isn't crashing.

I'm fairly certain his point is that it isn't crashing.
Yea, still worth noting tho

Pretty sure that's VCE abuse, not much to do with the general stability of the server.

That's blocklands limitations, not the server crashing (pretty sure it involves wine)
Pretty sure that's VCE abuse, not much to do with the general stability of the server.
this too (which we sorted, btw)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 11:18:43 AM by Nal »