2015/12/23 - Blockland r1984

Author Topic: 2015/12/23 - Blockland r1984  (Read 142591 times)

I hit all of my Ctrl, Macro, and alt keys until it fixes itself.

If your chat gets stuck, just go in and out of the steam menu. IIRC alt-tab fixes it too.
Not running BL through steam, I'll try the alt-tab trick next time it happens
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 06:43:27 PM by Goth77 »

If you are in the steam overlay and hit esc you won't be able to do anything in blockland, this issue is also apparent in Fallout 4.

You just have to alt+tab when exiting the overlay.

If you are in the steam overlay and hit esc you won't be able to do anything in blockland, this issue is also apparent in Fallout 4.

You just have to alt+tab when exiting the overlay.

Or you can just tap shift/alt/whatever you pressed to open the overlay once back in game. Even better, close the overlay with the same key you opened it with and you don't have any problems.

Please can somebody explain why this has happened to me?

are you using oRBs, Glass, or RTB?

Blockland really doesn't like deleting a lot of bricks at once. It will often leave garbage behind, like this:

Or like this:

Or this:

Or this:

Or this:

Or this:

Disabling vertex buffer objects doesn't fix the problem. It just fails to remove some of the quads.

Can we get a fix for this? Appearantly it's been around for a long time.

It's been around for a long time, yes.

flushTextureCache(); will remove them, but, it would be nice to have it fixed.

It's been around for a long time, yes.

Has anyone told badspot about it before?

Testing the duplicator's Ctrl+X?

That's an easy way to reproduce the problem, yes. Just select some large things and delete them, you'll get this sooner or later.

Or play speedkart on a map that's a little too big.

That's an easy way to reproduce the problem, yes. Just select some large things and delete them, you'll get this sooner or later.
On Kong's deathrace the map changer will clear the bricks, then eventually some of the bricks are left behind (they are deleted but the octTree failed to remove the objects), it's very annoying that I have to reconnect just to fix the problem.