Author Topic: 2015/12/23 - Blockland r1984  (Read 142597 times)

i used to think oct tree meant the actual tree brick and that under the credits where badspot credits kompressor for the octree that it was just a joke because kompressor really didnt do anything

i used to think oct tree meant the actual tree brick and that under the credits where badspot credits kompressor for the octree that it was just a joke because kompressor really didnt do anything

genius

image lights for multiplayer still needs fixing

Badspot should just give us the source, then we could fix all them annoying bugs ourselves.

Badspot should just give us the source, then we could fix all them annoying bugs ourselves.
that would void the torquescript agreement thing that was talked about before

torquescript agreement

I've no idea what you're talking about.

I've no idea what you're talking about.
from what i remember the source code is not something you can just make public, its private and costs money

either badspot tried, or someone similar tried and the guys at the top said no to making it public

from what i remember the source code is not something you can just make public, its private and costs money

While the old engine is not public, it is also abandoned since a decade and has a newer version which already is open source.

I'm sure badspot could figure out an agreement with them that lets him make it available to (certain? all?) people from the community, for the purpose of improving blockland.

While the old engine is not public, it is also abandoned since a decade and has a newer version which already is open source.

I'm sure badspot could figure out an agreement with them that lets him make it available to (certain? all?) people from the community, for the purpose of improving blockland.
but what about da money

but what about da money
this is the reason why badspot is never going to do it

but what about da money

Badspot would still be selling the game. Getting community members involved in development does not necessarily mean turning it into a free for all open source project, that wouldn't be helpful with the small player numbers.

what if one of the developers goes rouge and releases the source, the game is sort of forgeted
actually maybe not because of blockland's key system but it is still a bit forgeted

trust no one not even yourself

what if one of the developers goes rouge and releases the source, the game is sort of forgeted
actually maybe not because of blockland's key system but it is still a bit forgeted

Then they would be responsible for damages caused by it. That's really the last thing you have to worry about, you can start by not hiring trolls.