Author Topic: 2015/12/23 - Blockland r1984  (Read 142826 times)

what

explain more please i have no trouble hammering bricks or other people in minigames
something must be going wrong on your end
as in
$MiniGame::StartEquipName0 Hammer
$MiniGame::StartEquipName1 Sword
$MiniGame::StartEquipName2 Gun
$MiniGame::StartEquipName3 0
$MiniGame::StartEquipName4 0

as in
$MiniGame::StartEquipName0 Hammer
$MiniGame::StartEquipName1 Sword
$MiniGame::StartEquipName2 Gun
$MiniGame::StartEquipName3 0
$MiniGame::StartEquipName4 0

are you doing this by creating a minigame on a server?

Add-Ons/Gamemode_XXXXX/gamemode.txt

"Hammer "
Use a space at the end, for some reason the hammer ui name has a space

"Hammer "
Use a space at the end, for some reason the hammer ui name has a space
that doesn't work either

EDIT: doesn't matter to me anymore, but it's still an issue nonetheless

from what i recall, there was another thread with the exact same issue

no solution

<Nevermind, did something else>
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 03:43:11 PM by Kyuande »

There she is!

Goodbye Visual Studio, you won't really be missed.
Mine isn't a Visual Studio C++ error, it just says Runtime Error on the top, and it doesn't even have any useful messages - "A problem caused this program to close."

Once, I tried to let it keep running and after 15 minutes of growling at myself since I forgot to save (literally) it was back to normal, except for the fact everyone disconnected. Strange, huh?

so I assume this is a well-known issue but the version of TGE that was compiled with Blockland doesn't like amd cpus
to the point where it takes 5-6 minutes to launch, then it immediately crashes
I suggest someone with an amd cpu to investigate because as far as I know intel's cpus don't have this problem
either that or it can't register fpu/cpu stuff

so I assume this is a well-known issue but the version of TGE that was compiled with Blockland doesn't like amd cpus
I suggest someone with an amd cpu to investigate because as far as I know intel's cpus don't have this problem
I tried this with four different CPUs.

AMD Sempron x86 @1GHz, Singlecore: No runtime errors. Crashed because not enough ram for the map, lol

AMD Athlon II x64 @2.5GHz, Quadcore: With fix: Runtime errors. Without fix: runtime errors, lol

Intel i7 4770 x64 @3.4GHz, Quadcore: Have yet to crash.

I'm not sure where you're getting this from because every cpu will have their own flaws with some game or application.

AMD FX-8120, literally no problems

EDIT:
AMD Athlon II x64 @2.5GHz, Quadcore: With fix: Runtime errors. Without fix: runtime errors, lol
i'm going to assume you did something wrong
the fix works

I haven't had any problems with an AMD Sempron 145.
The game itself starts in about 10-15 seconds.

AMD FX-8120, literally no problems

EDIT:i'm going to assume you did something wrong
the fix works
I haven't had any problems with an AMD Sempron 145.
The game itself starts in about 10-15 seconds.
I'm not sure where you're getting this from because every cpu will have their own flaws with some game or application.
The issue occurs after Blockland crashes unexpectedly when bringing it back into focus, I've tested this with the TGE demo and different games on the same engine and lo and behold, it happens
The reason I'm bringing it up is that it (possibly?) targets an entire brand
and if anybody's wondering I'm running a FX-8350 @ 4.20 ghz

it's clearly not an issue with a brand, i've never "unexpectedly crashed" after bringing it back into focus
again i'm also running an FX series CPU and i'm not running in to this. it doesn't matter if it's not an issue with blockland.

check and make sure you don't have hundreds of thousands of files somewhere in your game folder, this slows down startup times.