Author Topic: 2015/12/23 - Blockland r1984  (Read 150966 times)

speaking of steam join game function, if you're already in a server and you join a different server, the player list from the server you're joining appends to the one you're on

It'd be great if we could build / Self Delete while holding shift. This has been broken for a long time for me (since v20 update I think)

The reason that doesn't work is because the shift key is a modifier key, so whenever you hold it down it's considered a part of a key combination.

The reason that doesn't work is because the shift key is a modifier key, so whenever you hold it down it's considered a part of a key combination.

So basically, you just need to duplicate the build bindings with added shift and it'll work fine. Sounds like a 10 minute fix to me

Does anyone else experience the server lagging more and more every time someone joins, joins the mini-game, and leaves? And then having their server eventually crash? I am getting tired of this >:(

Does anyone else experience the server lagging more and more every time someone joins, joins the mini-game, and leaves? And then having their server eventually crash? I am getting tired of this >:(
This is an issue I had with my dungeon generator. Phantom lag that compounded itself with every player that joined/left. None of the join/leave or minigame join/leave functions were packaged, and nothing ever showed up in the console. It was a mystery.

It's absolutely the fault of some code you have installed somewhere, though. Normal servers don't do this.

Next update: Add terrains and interiors. Please?

Next update: Add terrains and interiors.

ok what do you mean by interiors

also, you can build your own terrain or use a terrain generator

Next update: Add terrains and interiors. Please?
really if this ever happens it would need to work with shaders and shadows, and not look terrible, tbh.

ok what do you mean by interiors
Interior objects. Like the bedroom, kitchen, etc.

To be quite honest, having new and better terrain would be nice. Just, I really hope the old stuffty terrain doesn't ever get brought back.

Interior objects. Like the bedroom, kitchen, etc.

To be quite honest, having new and better terrain would be nice. Just, I really hope the old stuffty terrain doesn't ever get brought back.
The same kind of Interior Objects should never be brought back. Torque Constructor was the worst 3D tool I've ever used.

The same kind of Interior Objects should never be brought back. Torque Constructor was the worst 3D tool I've ever used.

It wasn't very good, but I've used worse. The good part of about interiors is that .dif supports better collision. The best thing to do would be to use DIF for collision objects like rocks, floors, walls, etc.
DTS is best for animated objects

You can read all about DTS vs DIF here
http://docs.garagegames.com/artist/official/DTS%20vs%20Diff/Overview.html

The newer Torque3D uses .dae instead of .dts

I'm a big fan of ModTer because it fits the aesthetic of Blockland much more than standard Terrain. If only there was a mission editor-esque program that works with ModTer.

As far as updates, it would be cool to see more default gamemodes, events, tools, etc. Maybe default server previews, IRC, and an in-game friend list.
Anything that makes community interaction easier in-game would be cool. I always used to think RTB should be a default feature. Tired of seeing knock-offs that conflict with eachother. Finding the addons you want is a hassle nowadays, it sucks.

As far as updates, it would be cool to see more default gamemodes, events, tools, etc. Maybe default server previews, IRC, and an in-game friend list.

I don't think you realized it yet, but nothing is happening anymore. Downloads are still stopping all the time and badspot has not said anything blockland related in 3 months.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 10:07:43 PM by Zeblote »

I don't think you realized it yet, but nothing is happening anymore. Downloads are still stopping all the time and badspot has not said anything blockland related in 3 months.
It's not over.