Author Topic: 2015/12/23 - Blockland r1984  (Read 156684 times)

id watch out, zeblote. any more mouth and you'll end up like kalphiter.
BUT THE BLOCKLANDERS MUST KNOW THE TRUTH! BADSPOT HAS GIVEN UP ON US, REPENT, REPENT!

id watch out, zeblote. any more mouth and you'll end up like kalphiter.
Kalphiter did more than just complain about development.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 01:13:34 PM by Conan »

actually i think heed is the person i'm thinking about

its a good thing he didn't lash out and leave. i wouldn't blame if he did though

Support for SSL in TCP objects would be massively appreciated in this day and age.

Support for SSL in TCP objects would be massively appreciated in this day and age.
This. Most online services are using encryption nowadays and http is being phased out further and further. BLF is a great example.

i'm having serious problems with file downloading stopping, not just the manifest. its extremely annoying.

I'll have to rejoin the server literally over 100 times until it gets to datablocks and thats if the host doesnt ban me for reconnecting so often.

edit:
speaking of getting banned for joining

« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 09:35:28 PM by Trogtor »

also whoever suggested to flush texture cache the stuff doesn't even work.

Is anyone even working on a BL clone now that Badspot has pretty much admitted he has lost motivation to move this forward?

Is anyone even working on a BL clone now that Badspot has pretty much admitted he has lost motivation to move this forward?
That would go horribly

It's gone horribly multiple times.

That would go horribly
I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.
It's possible-ish, but even if someone did go through the trouble of re-creating Blockland on a better engine, it wouldn't get the same amount of attention and traffic as Blockland does, it'll be just another failed attempt that fades into obscurity

It would have to outdo Blockland to get any attention here and it would have to be marketed heavily to get any attention anywhere else.