The SuperKart Gamemode

Author Topic: The SuperKart Gamemode  (Read 51432 times)

The sequel to the SpeedKart Gamemode is finally here, with new vehicles, tracks and features!

The SuperKart Gamemode has been created for the sole purpose of a brand new recration of the SpeedKart Gamemode which has been hosted a lot ever since it got in the game as an update by Badspot, and we wanted to improve on the concept by adding in new features and a bunch of tracks right on the release!

4 different vehicles for different types of tracks, a Kart, ATV, Jetski, Hovercraft and a Plane.
Checkpoint system, with this players won't be able to skip and cheat on the tracks, if you miss a checkpoint you must go back.
Laps, 3 laps in total for each track, and 3 rounds.
Custom Vehicle Support, with this you can paint your vehicle before the race starts.
Musics for each track
Respawn System, if you leave the track, you can press Right Click or CTRL+K to respawn to the latest checkpoint, if you fall on the water you respawn automaticly.
An Announcer voice by Swholli, to announce the race and the winner of the race.

The SuperKart Gamemode comes with 11 Tracks, here is the list of their names

Origin - By Faraday
Rock Canyon - By Cowboy Dude
Terror Mansion - By Kobble
Terminal Ocean - By Magus
Frostfjall - By Magus
Gravity Harbor - By Kobble
Archipelago - By Faraday
Bingo Hills - By Cowboy Dude
Aerohead Jungle - By Magus
Nostalgic Highway - By Filipe1020
Dragon Waters - By Cowboy Dude

SuperKart Teaser

SuperKart Gamemode now featuring...

SuperKart Suspension Preview

SuperKart New Musics Preview

SuperKart Beta Server Trailer

SuperKart Gamemode - Launch Trailer (NEW)

DOWNLOAD HERE
To install the files, just open the ZIP File, and move everything inside it to your Add-Ons Folder, also make sure to only host a server with a maximum of 20 players, just like how it was in SpeedKart.

Do you like the soundtrack of the gamemode? Here is a download link with all of the musics in high quality MP3 Format.
Soundtrack Download

Q&A

Can we make our own tracks for the gamemode?
Answer: Yes you can, we will provide a tutorial topic at how to create your own SuperKart Tracks after the New Years Eve.

Can we use the musics of the gamemode for videos and when we will make our own tracks?
Sure, we suggest to give out the name of the gamemode on the description just incase, and yes the musics available can be used in other tracks, they're not limited for one track only.

Are there plans for future updates with new content?
Yes.

Why did it took so long to be released?
Life issues delayed the release of the Gamemode, but it's finally here and we're thrilled about that!

Some musics on the Soundtrack Pack are not in the gamemode, why is that?
They will be once we make new tracks that uses those musics, they will be converted as .ogg and will come in next updates.

Will this gamemode use some kind of Updater like BlocklandGlass or Support_Updater from Greek2Me?
No, the reason for that is that there are several files in the pack, and we want to make updates that basicly comes with new content, but it's necessary to re-download the files.

In the Development Thread there were some other vehicles that didn't come into the final gamemode, why is that?
We want to release them later for a future update.

This Gamemode has been made by Filipe1020 with the Vehicles, Alphadin with Scripting the Gamemode, Faraday, Magus and Cowboy Dude with helping with the majority of the tracks, Kingdaro and Filipe1020 with the Musics, and Swholli as the Announcer.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 08:23:06 PM by Filipe »

Long time coming, but sounds fantastic!

Checkpoint system, with this players won't be able to skip and cheat on the tracks, if you miss a checkpoint you must go back.

Is that for grounded vehicles too? I wouldn't call finding skips "cheats", just capitalizing on poor map design.

Is that for grounded vehicles too? I wouldn't call finding skips "cheats", just capitalizing on poor map design.
grounded and flying vehicles, it's just that without them, players could skip huge parts of the map somehow.

interesting! i wonder when this will be hosted

edit: actually you should probably post a link to this in general discussion since it is pretty significant
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 11:06:48 AM by The Resonte! »

interesting! i wonder when this will be hosted
Anyone can host it now basicly.

Anyone can host it now basically.
Ftfy

Also, I am happy to see this finally up.  I might host it sometime.

Hosting SuperKart on my dedi atm.