The SuperKart Gamemode

Author Topic: The SuperKart Gamemode  (Read 51457 times)

I get it! Here's why downloading it did not work Cx:You put it in the wrong thing!!

this
also the music is horrible it sounds like something made in like 5 seconds with default mixcraft loops
I can't satisfy everyone's music taste, so just turn it off if you don't like it..

everyone I've talked to feels the same way

if i recall map makers were to submit a suggestion (link to youtube video?) for the track music along with their track

the music is just unfitting.

if i recall map makers were to submit a suggestion (link to youtube video?) for the track music along with their track
And the music that ended up being used instead was made before the tracks, so it wasn't even based off of it.

And like I already said, turn it off if you don't like it, play some MP3 or whatever, if I do what you and "everyone else you talked to" wants then another bunch of people will complain that I removed the musics, while at the same time a lot of other people will complain that there is no music or wants to bring the musics that were in before, and at the same time someone will complain about removing the musics because some guy asked to.

this
also the music is horrible it sounds like something made in like 5 seconds with default mixcraft loops
the music is just unfitting.

well um, where were you when Filipe released tons of music previews on his channel???

well um, where were you when Filipe released tons of music previews on his channel???
probably never knew they existed
this is news to me too

this is news to me too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye5_7m2o0Qo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x67hUpoSsYk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlZsvz6YIl8

also, note the good feedback in comments, I wonder how Filipe would have guessed it wasn't liked

this is news to me too
I did know, I didn't those to be the only songs though

I think it would get annoying after a while. If you've ever played Halo Reach there is a racing gamemode and whenever you reach your checkpoint there announcer would yell "CHECKPOINT REACHED" it was really annoying...
i was thinking of having a subtle tone rather than the announcer saying stuff

i was thinking of having a subtle tone rather than the announcer saying stuff
A light chime, easily doable.

Alright here's a tentative list of things that should be ready for v2
  • Checkpoints have a light respawn delay which can be extended should a kart pass through.
  • Respawns for karts occur slightly above the track.
  • Checkpoints have a light chime to the player upon crossing
  • SuperPlanes will retain aerial momentum to start flying upon respawn
  • HYPOTHETICAL: Right clicking will flip a kart should it be upside down.
  • Each checkpoint will feature an individual placement, allowing one to keep track of current race status
  • A light delay between rounds to compensate for ghosting (Possibly start a mini-round of players who ghosted already)
  • HYPOTHETICAL:Speed boost that builds faster the lower the place, allowing for closer races
  • Round ends after a 3rd place is found and after a small amount of bonus time has been passed
  • Karts stop existing when the player does

• Round ends after a 3rd place is found and after a small amount of bonus time has been passed
Why not it just display everyone's place?

Why not it just display everyone's place?
Corresponding to what, the checkpoint? If this is done, it's inaccurate, because there's no way of telling how the places have changed in between checkpoints. If you suggest waiting for everyone to cross the finish line, I feel it'd be better not to wait to see last place continue being last place.

On the other hand, I thought up a small system in mind that could work for genuinely live placements, but I don't think it'd be efficient. The idea behind this system is to have the map maker place invisible beacons that, as a player gets closer and closer to the next one, it means the place is advancing, providing the player with a real live placement in the race. The problem again is basically the large amount of checking that needs to be done. Another problem could possibly be split paths, I have no idea how to handle that as placements would no longer be live (Possibly update as soon as the reach contact with a new beacon if their at the right checkpoint level). In anycase, it's still something currently in consideration but this current list are the plans for now.