The SuperKart Gamemode

Author Topic: The SuperKart Gamemode  (Read 51191 times)

noises for reaching checkpoints would be nice

As bad as this sounds, even though the music sounds like it came out of Big Rig/Bad Rats, I actually like it to be honest. I also liked the lap system in the gamemode. At least it's different from the original speedkart gamemode.

I'm gonna enjoy this very much ^w^

if we actually ran into these problems on the beta
were there two betas? i hate to be That Guy™ again but when i played the beta it was the exact same thing except without music. same checkpoints, engine noises, the works. in fact, i remember some players trying to address the issues and you acknowledging them. that was quite a while back

Oh no here we go again
I really like the idea of this, but the physics make this nearly unplayable

I am always being tossed around and being flow into different directions whenever I hit another block/player, its super annoying

some other maps are good for making BL's physics less annoying, but these maps make it basically impossible to go 5 feet without being flown of the track in the opposite direction

PLEASE make a fix to this stuff, its basically ruined this gamemode for me and lots of other people can agree

Oh no here we go again

I am always being tossed around and being flow into different directions whenever I hit another block/player, its super annoying

some other maps are good for making BL's physics less annoying, but these maps make it basically impossible to go 5 feet without being flown of the track in the opposite direction

PLEASE make a fix to this stuff, its basically ruined this gamemode for me and lots of other people can agree
The strange thing is, while some people complained about the physics, others didn't had such issues and even claimed that it works better than SpeedKart.

noises for reaching checkpoints would be nice
I think it would get annoying after a while. If you've ever played Halo Reach there is a racing gamemode and whenever you reach your checkpoint there announcer would yell "CHECKPOINT REACHED" it was really annoying...

cxc

sir
i tried installing the superkart gamemode
no addons appeared in the custom
please help!

edit: i did everything the tutorial said

The strange thing is, while some people complained about the physics, others didn't had such issues and even claimed that it works better than SpeedKart.
that's becaue speedkart is just a laughing stock. it's a joke because of the physics and its funny because of the physics. even in the description it makes a joke about them. you tried to make this a real thing which doesn't suit the game very well

that's becaue speedkart is just a laughing stock. it's a joke because of the physics and its funny because of the physics. even in the description it makes a joke about them. you tried to make this a real thing which doesn't suit the game very well
Here is the thing, the physics of the engine are not possible to fix (maybe with dll hacks but that's not good) so we can't really fix it ourselves, only Badspot if he finds a way somehow.

sir
i tried installing the superkart gamemode
no addons appeared in the custom
please help!

edit: i did everything the tutorial said
Did you opened the ZIP file and moved the files inside it to your add-ons folder or you straight up moved the zip itself inside the folder?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 12:46:59 PM by Filipe »

The strange thing is, while some people complained about the physics, others didn't had such issues and even claimed that it works better than SpeedKart

I don't know how you didn't notice it because I go to any SuperKart server and people are complaining.

Also the people who "claimed that it works better than SpeedKart is officially that one guy, because speedkart wasn't this though on BL physics as compared to now

I don't know how you didn't notice it because I go to any SuperKart server and people are complaining.

Also the people who "claimed that it works better than SpeedKart is officially that one guy, because speedkart wasn't this though on BL physics as compared to now
I joined a couple of the servers myself and I tried everything with the vehicles and I didn't get as much trouble with the physics that could consider it " worse" than SpeedKart.

Oh no here we go again

this
also the music is horrible it sounds like something made in like 5 seconds with default mixcraft loops

some of it is good, but a lot of it is eugh
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 12:16:55 AM by Electrk. »

cxc

Filipe,

I did the exact stuff that the downloads told me to.
I extracted all of the addons into the addons folder from the .zip file.

Filipe,

I did the exact stuff that the downloads told me to.
I extracted all of the addons into the addons folder from the .zip file.
Step 1) Download the ZIP
Step 2) Open the ZIP and see all the ZIP files inside
Step 3) Put all the ZIPS into your Blockland Add-ons folder (If you have Steam it's C: > Program Files (Regular or x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Blockland > Add-ons) (If you have the non-Steam version it's Documents > Blockland > Add-ons)
Step 4) Once putting all the ZIPs into your Add-ons folder, open Blockland
Step 5) Select "Start a Game"
Step 6) Choose "Superkart" if you just want to play the gamemode, otherwise go to "Custom"
Step 7) Click every add-on that was included in the main ZIP folder of all your SuperKart related add-ons (You'll know they're enabled if the circle next to the add-on is filled)
Step 8) Click "Select" on the bottom-right corner
Step 9) Click "Launch Game" to start your server

PS If none of this works, I went into the best detail I could, then clearly you did something wrong or something is wrong with your game.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 04:30:50 PM by JJJMan4 »