Author Topic: Steven Universe Megathread - Wanted  (Read 86039 times)

that right there is called risk-free storytelling

if she believes that good characters are too good to die off or leave the show then that means that no one's going to die because they're all good characters
it does make sense that jasper would come back though; we've already seen steven try to make progress towards healing corrupted gems, and we've also seen homeworld gems 'healed' from their homeworld mindsets to stay on earth and be Cool Bros. it makes total sense that steven would try to fix jasper if he were confident that it were possible.

i think she was probably referring more to SU's principle of never making any throwaway characters. if they give a character a name, face, and voice, they're going to try and use them well

They've got to walk on a certain amount of eggshells considering that children's networks don't like permanent deaths of humanoid-like characters. If killing some insignificant character means getting the show canceled, that sounds like a stuff deal.

i don't think the crew are too afraid about what kids can handle, cus they don't underestimate kids. sugar says the theme of steven universe is growing up, and death is definitely something i can imagine they would feel is important to tackle

Was there a leak? Or are these from the Cartoon Network app?

Was there a leak? Or are these from the Cartoon Network app?
6 new eps released today on the CN app, yeah

I think this episode run was one of the best. Some really, really good episodes.

here's the full shot for reference

apparently this particular boarder is guilty of doing this kind of thing. what they were trying to achieve was a lil bit of forced perspective but in trying to do that they accidentally just activated big head mode. still works alright in shot even if it's goofy elsewhere, and that's the main goal. this kinda thing happens with board-driven shows

agh god that cannot go unnoticed
Also, as far as "new cartoons not taking risks" goes, well yeah no doubt, look at Courage The Cowardly Dog; a great show with plenty of adult themes, but I doubt it would be able to exist on today's TV.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 09:05:31 AM by }]Crazy[{ »

ah i dunno, i think there have always been stuff shows. go down the list of shows on CN alone and you'll be reminded of plenty of mediocre ideas that came and went. shows like SU, adventure time, gravity falls, star vs. butterfly, etc. are gonna be the shows that people remember from this era, just like how shows like courage, edd edd n eddy, the original teen titans, etc. are the shows we remember from the last

networks these days are actually, in some ways, even more eager to try new things. they're competing with services like netflix and youtube now for attention and they're shifting their strategies accordingly. there's no more pilot season now, networks nowadays are constantly looking for new shows and ideas to try out year-round
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 02:09:26 PM by otto-san »

apparently this particular boarder is guilty of doing this kind of thing. what they were trying to achieve was a lil bit of forced perspective but in trying to do that they accidentally just activated big head mode. still works alright in shot even if it's goofy elsewhere, and that's the main goal. this kinda thing happens with board-driven shows

i was called over from other threads to inform you that you might be talking about goldeneye 007 instead of what you are insisting on talking about

those were some pretty good episodes. more convinced now that [pink diamond's assassination was an inside job. has steven had Dream Visions for people that aren't alive anymore tho? i always thought it was like a telepathic thing but this is weird]

necro
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 07:38:27 PM by otto-san »

Otto is died, so i am here to post the recent episodes:
Your Mother and Mine
The Big Show
Pool Hopping
Letters to Lars
Can't Go Back
A Single Pale Rose

Some filler-y type stuff, then followed by the biggest bombshell that this show has dropped, so definitely worth watching

Otto's assumption about [Pink Diamond's death wasn't that far off], but this now means that [Steven is HALF-DIAMOND!]

yea I stopped watching

this show's gotten dumb really loving fast

but this now means that [Steven is HALF-DIAMOND!]
wow.......... what a surprise....