Poll

Which would have been the best name for League of Legends?

League of Xenon
4 (9.5%)
League of 360
10 (23.8%)
League of Durango
6 (14.3%)
League of One
7 (16.7%)
League of Scorpio
3 (7.1%)
League of X
12 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: League of Legends - Sylas? New Season? You bet.  (Read 473347 times)

imo he looks like he's going to be kind of boring to play

his kit looks like a 2012-esque character, and his entire playstyle is based around "be this far from the bad guys"

And then you find out...
His kit was made by...
The same guy who made bard's kit.

Why Riot, how is this guy still employed. Please.
What the hell? Bard's kit is easily one of the most fun champions in the game. What's your beef with the designer?

Regardless, living up to the hype would have been impossible for Ao Shin or Aurelion Sol regardless. The longer the wait, the higher the bar goes, and the more difficult it is to pass it. This champion is not Ao Shin. He's not the champ that's been in development forever, he's Aurelion Sol, the star dragon champion we've only recently been teased of.
The same could have been said for a lot of champions, some had immense build ups (Jhin, Bard, Kindred, and Ekko in order of intensity) and none of them lived up to the build up (Except Kindred, even so a lot of people expected something wildly different for their kit), people thought Jhin didn't play the "Psychopathic Artist" too much in his kit, Bard was a support (Underwhelming enough as is), Kindred was thought to be dual champ (But ended up being a handicapped wolf barking around), and Ekko's time mechanic seemed wildly limited.
imo he looks like he's going to be kind of boring to play

his kit looks like a 2012-esque character, and his entire playstyle is based around "be this far from the bad guys"
He's actually not as boring as he seems. "Be this far from the bad guys" also translates into "Be this close to the Aurelion Sol" and "Stun the Aurelion Sol for god's sakes so his orbs don't disintegrate us" and the latter is hard to do because chasing Aurelion sol is as bad a plan as singed. Getting in orb range as Aurelion Sol is also hard, you're either too far for short range orbs (And still in mauling distance for the enemy) or they're too close for long range orbs, and the enemies enter this sweet spot called anywhere else that's still mauling distance, or even worse, just outside for long range orbs.

Someone's a little bit too defensive of underwhelming champions. 

Bard lived up to all my expectations

Lmao, when has a champ ever lived up to anyone's expectations. Aurelion Sol was an impossible task to please the crowd. Stick Gnar's kit on him and people would still go.. "so many years waiting for nothing".

He looks dang fine to me. It looks enjoyable. Only BUT would be his ult, which is.. meh.

Idk, his ult is pretty underwhelming. I wouldn't have minded somesort of orianna-esque, aoe blackhole thingy. Sorta like a Galio ult, surppressing people and pulling them to the center slowly before some explosion. Meh, maybe thats too broken, but would've been cool af

Someone's a little bit too defensive of underwhelming champions.  
I don't see how that's too defensive...

Then you'll never see the problem to begin with.

Lmao, when has a champ ever lived up to anyone's expectations.
i hated sion's kit, then they reworked him and now he's my favorite tank hard to say champion but he's close
i'd say the expectation of a "giant man that decimates everything" was met

Then you'll never see the problem to begin with.
I'm well aware of the problems? I'm trying to say it's a huge overreaction to say that Rabid Llama should be fired...

Aurelion Sol is actually surprisingly fun. He's been out on the PBE for a while now, and he moves so fast... His stars end up doing like 600 damage with around 400 AP, Jesus Christ

Only thing I have to complain about are his disproporionate limbs

this is like how Gnar went

reveal:

"He's so cute!! best champ!!"

release:

"EUGH WTF RIOT"
"ugly spazz monkey, worst champion"

and a little after that:

anyone here going to the EU spring finals in rotterdam? im there
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 04:39:31 PM by Donnies Catch »

https://vid.me/BTp7

Look at that LCS finals flash, over the wall. Too bad my team got caught in a Yasuo ult, rip.

(I'm Wingsinthesky - Vel'koz)

im ok with riot releasing simple champs every now and then. not every champ has to be an azir/kalista