Author Topic: A day at Gray Gums's Fortwars Server (Gray Gums, Hieneken, Lego Rex, Chill)  (Read 10245 times)

I wonder if you realized that in Fort Wars people kill others while they're building because easy kills.
No crap, that's why when you are building you should remain vigilant and defend yourself. It's not that hard to do.

Sky builds are more efficient to survive
No argument there but this is not the issue. The point of fortwars is not survival, it's about killing others and invading their forts. I raised the fact that he built high up in the air because he stated that everyone else had built down below on the ground. The contrast between how everyone else was fighting and playing on the ground and how he was trying to get away from the fighting was what I was pointing out.

a forcefield for defending you in the case of being AFK or so is not an starfish move. I don't see where you got this stuffty idea.
Forcefields are a richard move purely because of how they work. They negate the whole point of fort wars. You're supposed to be able to damage people's bases or at least be able to kill them while they're at their base. You can't war against an invincible fort. If no one could hurt each other in a fortwar other than to leave their base then it's just a DM. If they are AFK it doesn't matter what happens to them anyway (they should disconnect if they are that afraid of being killed).

And before you say that his forcefield didn't grant him complete protection, no stuff. He had players spamming projectiles via events, which when done can let you supersize the projectiles so even forcefields can't stop them. He had badmins who were teleporting around. He also didn't use his forcefield the entire time either, he said he had a control panel that he used to lower the forcefield so he could snipe at people.

Imagine if you went AFK in your build because mom asked you to do something. Imagine that some starfish destroys your entire base making you start all over again while you were afk. See what I mean? That's why you need forcefields for such events.
This is a nonexistent scenario. Bricks respawn. So do players. This is how fortwars works. Unless the admin is going around destructowanding people's bases, you've got nothing to worry about.

If you're referring to those new mods that perma-kill bricks when they are blown up, that's a terrible mod to have for a fort war because then everyone will want to just build with giant bricks, and you'll have 8x+ baseplate cubes everywhere. An absolutely terrible scenario. But I don't think that's the case here.

Also, the shield and projectile bouncing on a force field IS unneeded
I'm glad we agree, but why are you contradicting yourself here?

Also, OP was just building a base that he felt as secure.
This is bullstuff, look at the recreation of his base. Does that look even remotely secure to you? It's a small decorative box, with small bricks lining thin walls and with large open windows on all sides. If he had built a larger base with multiple levels and, say, 4x cube walls cleverly disguised with layover aesthetics, he would've had no problem with the shelling. You don't need forcefields if you build a strong enough base. It is after all a fort war, not a forcefield war.

I just wish you actually read the OP and didn't use a toaster to translate it to your friend language.
"I don't understand his post so i'm just going to call him a friend! that'll show him!"

I just wish you actually read the OP and didn't use a toaster to translate it to your friend language.

and for a moment there, it seemed like he was being mature

and for a moment there, it seemed like he was being mature
He started decent when he first registered, but he seems to be getting more aggressive and annoying per post.

He started decent when he first registered, but he seems to be getting more aggressive and annoying per post.

I would like to know how a toaster can be used to translate tho

that could be useful

Everything planr said is correct, OP is the kinda guy you would NOT wanna be playing against in a fortwars, thinking he can just unlevel the playing field when he doesn't wanna die anymore

all I see here is people complaining about nuke playing it smart

I would build in the sky since its a lot safer then down at the ground since there around 20 people down there

the shield is fair game since you can ram a flying vechicle through the shield to attack the base

the people who spammed protectiles were mad that they could figure out how to counter nuke's stuff

I mean if you have to build loving spam and use a onplayertouch--> spawnprotectile --> X you are a goon
just figure away around it or just leave him alone

NOEDIT: also by definition of "fort" you should use the best stuff you can build to defend your base and you

I mean if you have to build loving spam and use a onplayertouch--> spawnprotectile --> X you are a goon
ikr, they didn't even use relay events. What idiots they are.

wow

this is kinda not needed aviation

NOEDIT: also by definition of "fort" you should use the best stuff you can build to defend your base and you
this is how nuclear wars start

this is how nuclear wars start
are there nukes in bl
i assume you'd get banned for spamming anything nuclear

are there nukes in bl

Yes, there are, and its very abusable.

are there nukes in bl
generally you cannot find it unless someone gives it to you, which in their right mind they shouldnt

it's really powerful and also at some point/still does overwrite the rocket launcher datablock so that the standard rl also fires mininukes or it breaks the rl or whatever

Dude you were apprehended for having a force-field because it's against the rules, and you're saying it isn't a force field even though it is?  Is it blocking, or in other words forcing damage away so it can't hurt you?  It's a forcefield, it doesn't matter if you can't shoot out of it because it's still bullstuff and still impenetrable.

/nosupport

Hieneken was the guy who I drama'd btw.
/support