Poll

What is your favorite feature included in version 3?

Infinite terrain
239 (11%)
Finite terrain
139 (6.4%)
Support for various brick sizes, terrain types, and ModTer sizes and types
171 (7.9%)
Color, Print, and Brick setup
144 (6.6%)
Landscape Additions (Mountains, Caves, Clouds, Floating Islands & Boundaries)
176 (8.1%)
Biomes, Details and Mass Detail Setup
164 (7.5%)
Chunk saving and loading options
130 (6%)
GUIs and Presets
156 (7.2%)
Advanced Options (such as manipulating noise scales)
140 (6.4%)
Routines Options (delays, toggling brick destruction, setting up permissions and ownership, etc.)
125 (5.8%)
Custom Bricks and Dynamic Cascading Streams
140 (6.4%)
Floating Brick Support
151 (6.9%)
Multiple User Support
137 (6.3%)
Build Loading and Flat Areas
161 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 325

Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator (Features Tutorial Added!)  (Read 88476 times)

I did get a prototype working for a brush-based editor; it's definitely possible.
woot
gimme gimme

I generated ModTer and the terrain uses this ugly print. How do I change the print the modter uses?
nvm, found out the complex editor could do that
but please, make the "generic print" the "-space" print by default
also some terrain on my generated map are still using the ugly print even after changing everything and i also cant find a beach option, please add a master setting to set all the prints the generator will use because this is really annoying
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 01:20:21 PM by Mr Queeba »

When i use the simple gui for the generator my terrain is limited only to 800 chunks how do i change that for the simplex gui

woot
gimme gimme
Still needs a lot of work though lol.

I generated ModTer and the terrain uses this ugly print. How do I change the print the modter uses?
nvm, found out the complex editor could do that
but please, make the "generic print" the "-space" print by default
also some terrain on my generated map are still using the ugly print even after changing everything and i also cant find a beach option, please add a master setting to set all the prints the generator will use because this is really annoying
The "Shore" biome option will affect terrain near the ocean. A universal print option can also be added in a future update.

When i use the simple gui for the generator my terrain is limited only to 800 chunks how do i change that for the simplex gui
The chunk limit can only be raised under Advanced options of the Complex GUI. However, you could start a routine from the Simplex GUI and change "$PTG.chObjLimit" via the console afterward.

Works wonders. I was getting angry that there was no good forest builds out there for me to use for an upcoming server. :D

this needs to be bump because this is amazing

It's like the No Man's Sky we never got. And it's completely customizable!  :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

So i downloaded everything correctly but whenever i try to host my server with the system_ptg enabled the server crashes before loading completely,
anyone know why this happens?

NVM it was clashing with another add-on i had on, just need to go thru and find it
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 10:46:38 AM by Zeta Champ »

Bump! I just recently set up a new YouTube channel called [ASF]Ghost, and readded the previous PTG tutorials to the new channel. I may end up deleting them later and re-recording new tutorials, but for the mean time you can check them out here:

hi
nice videos
Thanks =)

I'm planning on adding more tutorials soon. Is there anything specific y'all need help with regarding the add-on? I'm sure using the noise scales is somewhat complicated.

Tutorial #3 has been added!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 12:46:50 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Bump to keep alive! Also, I'm thinking about releasing the alpha build 3.1 for release - it'll include changes such as fixes for starting / stopping routines (esp. infinite ones), fix for water brick placement, slight GUI improvements, a previous settings recovery preset and more.