Poll

What is your favorite feature included in version 3?

Infinite terrain
239 (11%)
Finite terrain
139 (6.4%)
Support for various brick sizes, terrain types, and ModTer sizes and types
171 (7.9%)
Color, Print, and Brick setup
144 (6.6%)
Landscape Additions (Mountains, Caves, Clouds, Floating Islands & Boundaries)
176 (8.1%)
Biomes, Details and Mass Detail Setup
164 (7.5%)
Chunk saving and loading options
130 (6%)
GUIs and Presets
156 (7.2%)
Advanced Options (such as manipulating noise scales)
140 (6.4%)
Routines Options (delays, toggling brick destruction, setting up permissions and ownership, etc.)
125 (5.8%)
Custom Bricks and Dynamic Cascading Streams
140 (6.4%)
Floating Brick Support
151 (6.9%)
Multiple User Support
137 (6.3%)
Build Loading and Flat Areas
161 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 325

Author Topic: Procedural Terrain Generator (Features Tutorial Added!)  (Read 87508 times)

I used the .bls saving system and while it loaded every time it would say "Host interfered with load" or some crap.
It sounds like another add-on may be interfering with loading the saves. But yeah, without knowing the exact error message it's hard to say.

You can also try disabling the "Force Bricks into Chunks" PTG option, located under Advanced options of the Complex GUI from. That could also be what's causing bricks from loading, relative to each chunk.

so the GSF Mods Meta Topic just expired... is there going to be a new one?

so the GSF Mods Meta Topic just expired... is there going to be a new one?
Yes, I was supposed to bump it the day before, but forgot. :/ I'll create a new topic if I update or release more small-scaled mods in the future.

if you can get tony to edit his last post in there it renews the topic and you can bump it

So is there any progress on the unlimited mining chunk-digging system i was talking about way back in the thread? So far i've had to manually dig out portions of the map and fill them the best i can to really get that kind of underground feeling. It's taken a lot of time out of my schedule and i was wondering if you've made an attempt at adding said feature.

if you can get tony to edit his last post in there it renews the topic and you can bump it
Thanks, I might message him soon to see if he's willing to try it. If necessary, I could also try asking Badspot to bump it as well.

So is there any progress on the unlimited mining chunk-digging system i was talking about way back in the thread? So far i've had to manually dig out portions of the map and fill them the best i can to really get that kind of underground feeling. It's taken a lot of time out of my schedule and i was wondering if you've made an attempt at adding said feature.
I did have a prototype working, and tested it awhile back on my server. I haven't made any progress lately because of the v5 update for Item Storage, but it worked quite well when I tested it, and digging wherever you wanted throughout the terrain was a lot of fun. There were a lot of problems though, such as preventing dirt bricks from appearing above the terrain when digging, and with making it support the various brick sizes that can be used throughout generated terrain.

I was thinking about expanding the v5 update of Item Storage to add more features than just storage, so maybe I can incorporate unlimited mining with the update (with PTG support built-in). Perhaps there could even be a type of teledoor system, in which you plant an entrance to the mine onto terrain, and it teleports you underground into a small room that can be mined infinitely in any direction, which would make a mining system much easier to include. I've already made progress with adding Item Durability to the v5 update - which would work great for mining with a pickaxe, so we'll see how it turns out.

A big thank you, at least you've got a working prototype which proves the concept works.

Help? It keeps on saying I don't have PVG v3. :|

Help? It keeps on saying I don't have PVG v3. :|
Make sure to delete v2 before downloading and try again, that hopefully will resolve it.

A big thank you, at least you've got a working prototype which proves the concept works.
No problem, if I ever get to working on v4 of PTG, I'll add support for the infinite digging system to prevent dirt bricks from appearing above the terrain or within caves. The hard part however would be to make it work with the different varieties of bricks for terrain.

This is fun
Very nice :) I love how the hills came out in the second pic.

This is fun
Second image looks better than LEGO Worlds. Seems less limited. My computer probably wouldn't be able to run it, though.

Any luck on this?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 02:39:36 AM by The Titanium »

Neither of the tutorial videos work.  They're both unavailable.

Neither of the tutorial videos work.  They're both unavailable.
His channel was compromised so he took it down temporarily.

I have been mucking around with the PTG for a while now and I am getting some nice terrain out of it.
Things I will certainly use in an RPG.

I have a couple suggestions though.

Would it be possible to let the mountain biomes use bigger slopes?
For example, if I use the 1/4 modTerrain bricks as base and set the multiplier to 4.
The slope bricks used will be the normal height modTerrain slopes, not the 1/4 like they currently do.
The mountains would look a bit smoother.

An other idea was this:

The left is how it currently is
The right is my modified version
It looks a bit nicer, and I would think it is a pretty easy fix.
Just make all the bricks under a certain level the sand instead of using boundaries of a biome.