Better Client/Server Healthbar mod

Author Topic: Better Client/Server Healthbar mod  (Read 10725 times)

Tags: Health bar, health, hp, bar hp

Hey! Remember this old health bar?

Here's what's new!
+ Fixed disconnect bug when you host a server non-dedicated
+ RGB effects are now brighter looking
+ Bar effects when health goes down
+ You can know your HP percent, if it goes over 100% the bar is white (as usual), percent text also resizes and repositions if you go over 999.9%
+ Backwards compatible with the older health mod in both ways (client -> server and server -> client)
+ Developers can use Player::sendHealthData(%player, %invincible), %invincible is where it tells the client they are invincible. (Now you can send invincible variables to the client, it will undo when they get damaged)

When %invincible is sent to the client correctly

If you send the data again with %invincible being 0 it will go back to what the player's health is again.

Here are more pics!

Overhealed!

If the server allows (by prefs), the mode can be changed so you can see your total HP! HP may not work if there's a custom health mod that does not support the same one in the support file.

Replace your old Script_HealthBar mod before downloading! - Prefs are now supported for RTB, and ORBS.
Script_HealthBar
Once you download here you can rely on your Support_Updater if you have installed it, otherwise, make sure you check here!

This will work on all servers that use the original health bar mod.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 06:20:36 PM by Kyuande »

Oh wow. This is a grand improvement to Iban's old Health Mod.

Nice work!

Tots agree,Lenny what about you?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°):Booty

Um,what about you other person?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯:I don't know

Um ok...

Update, probably the last update, hopefully:
+ Percent text now resizes and repositions if you go over 999.9%

so is this like, you enable it on your server and everyone can see their healthbar?

so is this like, you enable it on your server and everyone can see their healthbar?
If they have the client mod, yes. I didn't change anything in the server.cs so it should be fine like it was before.

Could you maybe make two rows?

HP: "%"
("current hp"/"total")

...So you get...     
HP: 50%
(250/500)

With the bar still how it is.

The original health mod only sends a percent, sorry.

I could make a version where the host can decide to send percent, hp, or both

If you could, that would be really nice.  :)

Also, I'm really sorry if I come off as ungrateful, because that's not true.  Thanks for contributing.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 03:01:06 AM by SWAT One »

ohhhh the bar effects are super good

i didn't expect that but that detail makes the mod that much crunchier

You know Visolator I gotta say you have contributed a lot of good things to this game lately. Im glad you made this. Been wanting something like this again for a while. I used to use the old healthbar mod years ago.

v1.5!

+ Prefs are now supported for oRBS and RTB.
+ New pref: Show HP, note: this may not work on servers that have a custom health mod that does not work with my support.

Yes, this will still work on servers that do not have this health mod if they have the old one.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 10:56:23 AM by Kyuande »

Tots agree,Lenny what about you?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°):Booty

Um,what about you other person?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯:I don't know

Um ok...
What

Oh god this is awesome