Author Topic: setRandomTransform  (Read 3070 times)

In regards of releasing some small addons I made.

You know how the setPlayerTransform teleports a player to the first brick with a certain name?
This addon adds the event setRandomTransform that teleports the player to a random brick with a certain name.

So say you want to teleport players to a random spawnpoint on the map.
Just give the bricks all the same name and setRandomTransform will pick one out of random to teleport to.

Download

edit: Forgot to mention. It needs setPlayerTransform to work.

Sorry people, this addon is not mine.
You can still download it from Marble Mans pastebin here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0wnizevyu7vyrt3/Event_RandomTransform.zip?dl=1
Sorry for all this.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 12:32:59 PM by honytawk »

This looks nice, but it sounds like it could be better if it truly randomly teleported you to any brick with a name.

This looks nice, but it sounds like it could be better if it truly randomly teleported you to any brick with a name.
There will be problems with it though. What if you go to a named brick that you didn't want to transform towards?

well people use brick names for a bunch of other things too so that isn't really a good idea

There will be problems with it though. What if you go to a named brick that you didn't want to transform towards?
well people use brick names for a bunch of other things too so that isn't really a good idea

Yeah, I suppose I may have put my foot in my mouth for that one. Had to try though.

This was already made...

It says you need Rotondo's SetplayerTransform, where can I find that (Non RTB link)

Why not make this an independant add-on so it doesn't need setPlayerTransform?

Also I recommend using the doPlayerTeleport method since it is more precise

Why not make this an independant add-on so it doesn't need setPlayerTransform?
Meh, the code would be redundant.
And most of the time you'll use both anyway.
This addon is only useful in certain situations like spawnpoints.

Also I recommend using the doPlayerTeleport method since it is more precise
What is more precise about it?
It adds a couple of parameters that can be handy in other situations than this addon will be used in.

Could of swore someone made this a long time ago, lol

Awesome add-on, this is exactly what I need! Now no more complicated toggle events to falsify a "random" spawn point.

What is more precise about it?
It adds a couple of parameters that can be handy in other situations than this addon will be used in.
It actually only has one more parameter, which is for the name of the brick.
setPlayerTransform can be buggy sometimes. Especially when multiple people are clicking the brick at the same time.
It can teleport you to the wrong brick or teleport someone else instead of you sometimes.
doPlayerTeleport doesn't have these bugs.