Skyrim sale salt

Author Topic: Skyrim sale salt  (Read 882 times)

SALTY AS forget
Bought a new copy a day or two before the lunar new year sale. Won't refund because i have more than 2 hours.

well you did play for 2 hours, that means you enjoyed it in some way

so... maybe you shouldn't have played it for more than two hours? wHOPPS misunderstood
I guess that does suck. but if I remember correctly, someone has said that they'll refund you the difference even if you've played it a bit, if you bought it soon before a sale. contact steam support

so... maybe you shouldn't have played it for more than two hours? wHOPPS misunderstood
I guess that does suck. but if I remember correctly, someone has said that they'll refund you the difference even if you've played it a bit, if you bought it soon before a sale. contact steam support
Yeah, they did this for me once, prior to steam refunds.

>not liking skyrim
>me not reading op properly
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 08:37:08 PM by Lego lad »

they will refund you just explain the situation

>not liking skyrim
i don't think you quite understand what's going on here

i don't think you quite understand what's going on here
oops
:(

read op pls
nope, just like I said, and sir dooble said, if you explain what happened, there is a decent chance they'll refund the difference

You may have to contact Steam Support themselves, rather than use the Steam Refund system, since they may simply throw it out if you've played more than 2 hours.

Or maybe it will go through the refund system anyway. I got a refund today for a game I just purchased that had over 2 hours, because I explained that the game was broken and most of my time played was spent trying to get the game to play.
So, just because it comes up with a cross saying you're not eligible for a refund doesn't mean you can't submit a request anyway and include the relevant information.

But I don't know if they will do partial refunds, which you want, via the refund system. So I would still contact them through Steam Support first. That way you definitely keep the game in your library. Otherwise, it may be taken out, and you have to wait a week before you can reuse the funds.

I warned you people about this. No one listens to me.

Save your money for the summer sale.

Valve has been doing these small minor sales and while they may seem nice like 20% off the game you want if you wait for the summer sale that game you want will be 90% off.

See Valve knows they can bait people into buying games for a discount, what people don't know is that they sell the game even cheaper the next day to piss people off and then it's too late for the people who paid more than they should have.

I've seen the Tomb Raider classics on sale for like $1.25 and the next day they were on sale for .40 cents and everyone was mad they lowered the price so randomly after just buying the less discounted version.

Think about if. If they planned on selling the game for 90% off to begin with, why else would they sell it for 20% off?

See Valve knows people will rush and buy out the a game that is 20% off because these customers believe that is the only and final deal. None of them are expecting for it to get even lower. Then the next day they change it to 90% off as intended. Who's going to buy it for 90% off? The people who paid for it when it was 20% off already spent their money so a much smaller percentage of people who were smart enough to save their money will buy the game for 90% off.

More people are tricked into buying the 20% off version and the smaller remainder buy the 90% version.