POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD

Poll

Will Trump get re-elected in 2020?

Yes
No

Author Topic: POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD  (Read 2133491 times)

if humans were not even here volcanos would already replace our emissions.

I don't think that's how it works

I don't think that's how it works
active volcanos emit gasses slowly and in large puffs
it is how it works. they almost always emit (toxic) gasses.

active volcanos emit gasses slowly and in large puffs
it is how it works. they almost always emit (toxic) gasses.

Do you have any numbers

cows are the real causes of global warming
ban cows

http://www.snopes.com/volcano-carbon-emissions/
this further explains why he is wrong.

you know what would be a funny joke

put a huge loving tarp blanket over the caldera of the volcano

and cover all the CO2 and other volcano stuff so we won't have to worry about volcano's up our asses smh

I think the cleaner the world, the better the world, and I'm a huge fan of the environment, but from a libertarian standpoint, I believe people should be able to use whatever energy source they choose, and not be forced to use technology that isn't even that efficient yet. Sorry.
I respect your transparency here, but you ought to weigh the pros and cons a little bit more. There is definitely such a thing as being too libertarian for libertarianism's sake. The economic damages (which do exist) from environmental regulations are virtually imperceptible for almost everyone, however the fewer people dying from cancer, the lower incidences of asthma, and the clean rivers and waters are a benefit to literally everyone. If there is a clear benefit to government regulation, I don't think you should throw out the idea just because it's not necessarily canonical with being a libertarian.

For instance, I am obviously pretty liberal. But if someone proposed a market-based solution for climate change, I would not immediately disregard it just because it doesn't involve government regulation. I'd weigh the pros and cons and see if it's worth doing, even if it doesn't necessarily tow my party line.

I respect your transparency here, but you ought to weigh the pros and cons a little bit more. There is definitely such a thing as being too libertarian for libertarianism's sake.

Doesn't Venice sinking have more to do with where it was built?
That wasn't the point. He asked what's wrong with a rising ocean--how could millimeters matter. I asked him if he had ever been to two major cities built extremely close to ocean level, which are both threatened by rising water levels.