POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD

Poll

Will Trump get re-elected in 2020?

Yes
No

Author Topic: POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD  (Read 2179133 times)

Yeah we are, but from what I can see from their messaging it's more about pushing people to own guns above anything else
I don't think you understand the distinction between advocating for individual ability to own firearms and pushing people to own them. Some people don't want to own firearms and that's fine, nobody is forcing or pushing them to do so. I don't recall any instance where the NRA has pushed for unwilling or otherwise unqualified individuals to own guns.

really the only thing you can claim the nra is doing is encouraging gun ownership, but there's no heavy advertising or pushing of the issue. i think you're mixing up encouragement with pushing it onto unwilling people.

really the only thing you can claim the nra is doing is encouraging gun ownership, but there's no heavy advertising or pushing of the issue. i think you're mixing up encouragement with pushing it onto unwilling people.
Exactly this. Encouraging law abiding citizens with an interest to purchase firearms to do so =/= gun ownership should be mandatory and everyone should have to own a gun. There is a big difference between the two.

Yeah we are, but from what I can see from their messaging it's more about pushing people to own guns above anything else
yeah obviously. they also encourage people to train and understand gun safety because you're required to take training classes in order to own a firearm in the first place. do some math and you'll clearly figure out that proper training is a prerequisite of gun ownership

so four lolis want to forget you

If it were up to the NRA I imagine quite high lol. I don't think they're pushing a message of 'you should only carry if you're well trained and coordinate with other local firearm owners'

this is the kind of stupidity/ignorance we're up against