Author Topic: 1000 FPS cap?  (Read 7599 times)

This must be me but whenever I hear someone say "ew 40 FPS" I literally want to walk over to them and yell in their ear about how there are children in Africa who can't even run tf2 at 10 fps

Goddamn rich snobs, maybe you should move to Uganda for a week and see how well you can run your far cry 6 stuff.

Even I'm lucky if I can muster up over 20 fps on CS:S
bro you need to calm down

I recently got a 144Hz monitor, and now I use it alongside an older 60Hz one I already had
it generally doesn't make any difference to me when I'm playing games, but, like... when I shake a window around on the screen, the difference is obvious

I honestly dont know how you guys dont notice an instant difference between 144 and 60 Hz while doing anything. Then again, not everyone is a dedicated to games so thats probably why

Either way, it becomes very apparent when you play games that has stuff moving all over the screen like FPS's or rhythm games
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 10:13:08 PM by Jonathant1 »

I was considering replacing my monitor with an imax theater, but it only runs at 24 fps.

Either way, why would someone complain about having a cap at 1000FPS? That's beyond excellent. I can barely get 60FPS.

Technically our brain can process images at 81 FPS, too bad our eyes aren't overclocked.

I read that it was around 77. That is, in 13 milliseconds your brain can process an image. 1000/13 = 76.92

This must be me but whenever I hear someone say "ew 40 FPS" I literally want to walk over to them and yell in their ear about how there are children in Africa who can't even run tf2 at 10 fps

Goddamn rich snobs, maybe you should move to Uganda for a week and see how well you can run your far cry 6 stuff.

Even I'm lucky if I can muster up over 20 fps on CS:S
What on Earth are your PC specs Path? My celeron laptop with stuff graphics can run CS:S at 60 fps on low gfx settings.

I honestly prefer a silky smooth 60fps with stuff graphics as opposed to 30 or 24fps with mid graphic settings when max at 60+fps is not an option.

I read that it was around 77. That is, in 13 milliseconds your brain can process an image. 1000/13 = 76.92
Technically that's a variable since not everybody is the same, age also might affect this.

Technically that's a variable since not everybody is the same, age also might affect this.

yeah, that's why I said "can"
various conditions like fatigue probably play huge roles too

What on Earth are your PC specs Path? My celeron laptop with stuff graphics can run CS:S at 60 fps on low gfx settings.
I use an ancient Mac Pro that was generously donated to me by a co-worker

In terms of specs I legit have no clue. I don't actually stress over small bullstuff like that. As long as it runs my game and I can enjoy the delicious fruit it provides, I'm happy.

It's called 'being grateful'

Why is it that new players seem to drop these odd questions that spring up this huge discussion and then almost never come back to it?  Serious question.

I use an ancient Mac Pro that was generously donated to me by a co-worker

In terms of specs I legit have no clue. I don't actually stress over small bullstuff like that. As long as it runs my game and I can enjoy the delicious fruit it provides, I'm happy.

It's called 'being grateful'
Something like this one?

The newer ones have better performance so it has to be something like that one maybe newer.

I'm a generally nice guy and if it wasn't for the absurd shipping costs, I would be willing to send you a newer Pentium or Celeron desktop, and if I have one a gpu with it, I get them all the time since people come to my house to get repairs and sometimes decide to leave their old system in change for having anew one built from scratch.

Something like this one?
-snip-
The newer ones have better performance so it has to be something like that one maybe newer.

I'm a generally nice guy and if it wasn't for the absurd shipping costs, I would be willing to send you a newer Pentium or Celeron desktop, and if I have one a gpu with it, I get them all the time since people come to my house to get repairs and sometimes decide to leave their old system in change for having anew one built from scratch.

I have to say, that's an awesome job.

I feel like Apple always tries to emphasize their product's beauty, but neglect it's backbone.  All fur coat and no knickers, or at least, that's how they used to be.

Seeing as we're on an Apple trend now, I remember recently someone asking why engineers use "these giant and ugly big computers with big square moniters.  Can't they afford a nice macbook or something?" And someone politely correcting her that they need serious equipment for older versions of AutoCAD that works.  I suppose I've gone on a tangent now, though.

Why is it that new players seem to drop these odd questions that spring up this huge discussion and then almost never come back to it?  Serious question.

(doublepost apologies)

I have to say, that's an awesome job.

I feel like Apple always tries to emphasize their product's beauty, but neglect it's backbone.  All fur coat and no knickers, or at least, that's how they used to be.

Seeing as we're on an Apple trend now, I remember recently someone asking why engineers use "these giant and ugly big computers with big square moniters.  Can't they afford a nice macbook or something?" And someone politely correcting her that they need serious equipment for older versions of AutoCAD that works.  I suppose I've gone on a tangent now, though.
Well if you consider it a job, I'm not liscensed...yet so its kind of more of a hobby, I do charge for it though, I'm actually known as a guy who does "House Calls" don't know if any other pc repair guy does that, somebody probably does.

All you guys are using technically wrong.
Eyes don't see in frames.
Take a super bright flash light in a dark room and shine it in your eyes, then turn it off. You don't instantly see what's in the dark again but it doesn't mean you're seeing in 0.01FPS