Author Topic: Working environmental control events  (Read 2392 times)

I need a functioning environmental control event mod for my server, that lets me change the skybox to any of the ones i have loaded on my server, as well as changing the sky color to anything I want. I can't do this with the current environment event mod because it's totally broken.

I need a functioning environmental control event mod for my server, that lets me change the skybox to any of the ones i have loaded on my server, as well as changing the sky color to anything I want. I can't do this with the current environment event mod because it's totally broken.
Looks like a very simple edit to get it working again; didn't bother to test but I'm sure it'll work since the only issue seems to be the use of an aiConnection rather than a scriptObject, and since aiConnections got removed it won't work.
edit: use kobewarrior's version, it doesn't use a fake admin client at all to change the environment
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 10:54:58 PM by QuadStorm »

Looks like a very simple edit to get it working again; didn't bother to test but I'm sure it'll work since the only issue seems to be the use of an aiConnection rather than a scriptObject, and since aiConnections got removed it won't work.
https://hostr.co/yGGbpQeSJKPl
i'll give that a shot and let you know if it works.

sadly it didn't work. the mod is still completely broken for me.

sadly it didn't work. the mod is still completely broken for me.
just tested the file on my end and it appears to be working perfectly fine, are you sure you're actually using the one i posted instead of the old one?

You could have just PMed me for it, it's not like I'm gone or anything

Anyways, where did you download it from?
Anywhere I've posted it, it should be linked to my Dropbox, which has the most recent version.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22117186/Event_EnvControl.zip
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 08:33:15 AM by Headcrab Zombie »

You could have just PMed me for it, it's not like I'm gone or anything

Anyways, where did you download it from?
Anywhere I've posted it, it should be linked to my Dropbox, which has the most recent version.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22117186/Event_EnvControl.zip
that one does work a little bit, but things like skycolor and vingette are completely broken on it. I need to be able to completely set the sky color to pitch black and then to later have it come back to full brightness later via environment control events, and I currently can't seem to do that. The skycolor event does nothing whatsoever, and it acts like the projectile event. I can't set the RGB values above anything than 115.
I also can't seem to select custom skyboxes either. The _sky event only lets me load the default skyboxes.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 01:32:50 PM by Planr »

Ah right, I never made support for custom skyboxes.
I may be able to take a look at things tonight

Ah right, I never made support for custom skyboxes.
I may be able to take a look at things tonight
thanks. would you be able to do anything about the sky color/lighting event issue?

How would you want permissions to work? Who can change the environment with events?

How would you want permissions to work? Who can change the environment with events?
the permissions arent the issue, its the fact that some of the events just dont work to start with.

the permissions arent the issue, its the fact that some of the events just dont work to start with.

Yes, but I mean in general, assuming everything just worked.

It requires admin to place the events. Once they're placed, they can be triggered without any restrictions

I should be able to look at them tonight, I was busy last night
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 07:07:44 AM by Headcrab Zombie »

requires admin to place the events

One output for every environment setting or setEnvironment with a dropdown? The former seems like it would add a lot of clutter.