Author Topic: Weapon_Package_Complex - Receiver and FoF-inspired complex reloading systems!  (Read 20812 times)

Weapon_Package_Complex

Have you enjoyed games like Receiver or Fistful of Frags and their gunplay?
Have you yearned for some of those mechanics in Blockland?
Have you hated the simple R-to-Reload systems almost every gun in every videogame in existance has and instead have reloading be a part of the gun's micromanaging process? (Wow.)

Well this add-on is for you!

Weapon_Package_Complex is a weapon pack designed for those servers that need a little more "realistic" edge in their gunplay mechanics. Weapons use Port's revolutionary Timed/Segmented Raycasts system - basically not-instant raycast "projectiles" that have things like gravity, etc. All guns have also been tweaked to emulate their real-life counterparts in terms of performance while also keeping stern balancing mechanics in place - every weapon in the pack can counter another in skilled hands. Damage-wise all weapons are balanced and every weapon with the exception of the shotgun have headshots - usually *3 multiplier on base damage (exception is the M24 Sniper with *4 mult and automatic weapons like Thompson and UZI having different multipliers)

FEATURE LIST (OH BOY!)
  • The main selling point of this pack: SUPER COMPLEX HYPER AMAZING RELOADING SYSTEMS THAT ARE ACTUALLY NOT THAT HARD TO FIGURE OUT!
  • Headshots thanks to Port's Region Damage Support - If I wanted to I could've added armshots, legshots, etc. but I chose not to!
  • Timed/Delayed Raycasts - Thanks to this, all weapons have incredibly fast "bullets" based on their real life stats, not to mention gravity! (Gravity only noticeable over long distances)
  • Port's ItemProps system - Forget about old as hell ammo system Tier+Tactical and other weapons like to use! All weapon-specific variables are tracked down in their every possible state, this means that your pistol could be fully loaded without a chambered bullet or completely empty with a single bullet in chamber and you could drop your pistol no problem!
  • Super cool SFX system (by Port :P) - Supports SHELL COLLISION SOUNDS! WEAPON COLLISION SOUNDS! (relive your CS:GO's) GRENADE COLLISION SOUNDS! DIFFERENT DISTANT GUNSHOT SOUND EFFECTS! (Some weapons unsupported as of yet (the revolvers forexample))
  • Even the freakin GRENADES require you pulling the pin out first before throwing them! (Warning: throwing the grenade without pulling the pin out first will make you look like a complete doofus)
  • In-game tutorial system! Type /gunhelp with your gun out and you will be guided through the reloading process! The centerprint will also highlight the steps you need to perform to reload the gun!

These weapons are mostly WWII-styled with an exception of Micro-UZI.
There are a total of 9 weapons in the pack including the grenade.
Current weapons:
  • Colt 1911 Pistol (.45 bullet type, magazine UI name "A: M1911")
  • Colt Walker Revolver (.357 bullet type, no magazine)
  • M1 Garand Rifle (.30-06 bullet type, magazine UI name "A: Garand")
  • M24 Sniper Rifle (.30-06 bullet type, magazine UI name "A: M24")
  • Micro UZI (.45 bullet type, magazine UI name(s) "A: Uzi" and "A: Uzi Extended")
  • Remmington 870 Shotgun (buckshot bullet type, no magazine)
  • Smith&Wesson Revolver (.357 bullet type, no magazine)
  • Thompson Machinegun (.45 bullet type, magazine UI name "A: Thompson")
  • High-Explosive Grenade (Right click to pull the pin out, left click to throw, Ctrl+W drop can be used for a "soft throw")

Regarding the magazines, you CANNOT insert magazines into incompatible guns (can't insert pistol magazine into an UZI despite same bullet type, etc.)
Ammo stats:
UIname - Amount
A: M1911 (pistol) - x12 .45 bullets
A: M24 (sniper) - x5 .30-06 bullets
A: Thompson - x50 .45 bullets
A: Garand - x8 .30-06 bullets
A: Uzi - x20 .45 bullets
A: Uzi Extended - x32 .45 bullets
  (Unspent) bullets that will fill emptiest magazines on pickup:
Shell: .45
Shell: .30-06
Bullets that will fill your "ammo pool" for use with magless guns:
Shell: .357
Shell: Buckshot
  Ammo packs to decrease the need of spammed single-bullet items:
AmmoPack: .357 - x12 bullets
AmmoPack: Buckshot - x12 bullet

Note that weapon damage is ACCOUNTED FOR CROUNCHING PLAYERS, this means that the damage will count as headshots for crouched players but the default crouch damage multiplier won't come into play.
Weapon Damage:
  • Colt 1911 Pistol - 16HP (36HP Headshot)
  • Colt Walker Revolver - 75HP(225HP Headshot)
  • M1 Garand Rifle - 30HP (90HP Headshot)
  • M24 Sniper Rifle - 90HP (360HP Headshot)
  • Micro UZI - 10HP(15HP Headshot)
  • Remmington 870 Shotgun - 9HP per pellet
  • Smith&Wesson Revolver - 25HP (75HP Headshot)
  • Thompson Machinegun - 7.5HP (11HP Headshot)
  • High-Explosive Grenade:
       impulseRadius = 16;
       impulseForce = 3000;
       damageRadius = 14;
       radiusDamage = 150;

Github Repository:
https://github.com/portify/Weapon_Package_Complex

Credits:
Receiver by Wolfire Games - Initial source of Inspiration
Jack Noir (AKA Crystalwarrior) - Original S&W Revolver, tweaks, additions and bugfixes to Port's recode, modelling
Brian SMith - Original version of magazine-based weapons starting with m1911 revolver
Port - COMPLETE rewrite of the entire weapon pack, item props system and various other support scripts that made this weapon pack possible. Also a bunch of new gun scripts woo
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 08:05:00 AM by Crystalwarrior »

TODO:
  • Preferences for all the things
  • Events for adding/substracting/setting bullets
  • Make a topic that doesn't look like UTTER ASS
  • Some actual loving screenshots of the damn thing
  • Suggest more!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 09:32:12 AM by Crystalwarrior »

definitely need to look into a 1930s themed server now

why does the microuzi do 10 damage per shot
that's really op

why does the microuzi do 10 damage per shot
that's really op
Actually Micro UZI eats through the ammo extremely quickly, has more spread than Thompson and you really won't be able to use it as a reliable weapon on mid to long range.
Extended mag may or may not help a bit but even the pistol can outclass it if the pistol user can aim.

However, close range, UZI will definitely forget you up. Remmington Shotgun is a little more methodical, but UZI I consider a panic weapon more than anything - a mere sidearm :^)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 10:57:56 AM by Crystalwarrior »

actually you know what these would really suit an xcom type gamemode

like, the reason why tactics supercedes running and gunning is because guns eat up ammo super fast and require long and involved reload sequences so you have to plan your moves before you perform them so you end up behind cover when you need to be

actually you know what these would really suit an xcom type gamemode

like, the reason why tactics supercedes running and gunning is because guns eat up ammo super fast and require long and involved reload sequences so you have to plan your moves before you perform them so you end up behind cover when you need to be
Man an xcom-esque gamemode with these would KICK ASS.

These are extremely fun to use.

I kinda of wish somebody would host a TDM with them

i'll look into implementing this for the xcom pack im working on. i probably will stick to a more simple system with one bullet type (energy pack) and one mag type for each weapon.

im not so sure about actual ingame strategizing/planning out movement, but it would definitely discourage players from just spamming bullets until someone is dead, and encourage use of cover/disengaging from fights to reload.

Have you ever thought of introducing weapon jam?

If you shoot, a casing with a bullet still attached shouldn't come out of your gun!

...exactly why it doesn't happen :^)

My mistake. I got confused when I was playing with the slide and shooting with the mini uzi, and I saw a couple of unspent rounds on the ground.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 02:47:35 PM by Sami2ss »

If you shoot, a casing with a bullet still attached shouldn't come out of your gun!

...exactly why it doesn't happen :^)

Have you ever thought of introducing weapon jam?
Yes, and I thought it would be really loving stupid and would just ruin the already hard-to-master guns by introducing a cheap RNG element :P

Yes, and I thought it would be really loving stupid and would just ruin the already hard-to-master guns by introducing a cheap RNG element :P
well some of the more hard core players would enjoy this. just turn it off by default and add a glass pref. to toggle how often guns jam and or unjam speed.

how does reloading work?

how does reloading work?
It's like Receiver, it's hard to explain.