Author Topic: Weapon_Package_Complex - Receiver and FoF-inspired complex reloading systems!  (Read 21334 times)

actually you know what these would really suit an xcom type gamemode

like, the reason why tactics supercedes running and gunning is because guns eat up ammo super fast and require long and involved reload sequences so you have to plan your moves before you perform them so you end up behind cover when you need to be
more like a gamemode similar to SWAT 4, imo
slow moving tactics are the bread and butter of that game

Finally
been waiting for ages for a pack like this

Finally, a weapon pack by somebody that can put together a nice, clean script.

is it possible for people to create more weapons using this as a base, like t+t?

is it possible for people to create more weapons using this as a base, like t+t?
this, i'm really liking the system. imagine this with the flintlock weapons. a 4-5 step process of loading the lead ball and priming the gun to fire.

hey, that doesn't sound too bad. revolutionary war anyone? people aren't realizing the potential of this system. 

I would really like to see Gravity Cat's default weapons use this. I think they already have all the animations for it to work just like the weapons in this pack.

western complex pack when

I would really like to see Gravity Cat's default weapons use this. I think they already have all the animations for it to work just like the weapons in this pack.
remember that huge pack of weapons and addons gravity cat made that he never released

remember that huge pack of weapons and addons gravity cat made that he never released
Gear still has those weapons iirc, if you ask he might release them.

This is awesome.  Would it be possible to have bullet items as well? So individual bullets could be loaded? I guess I'm thinking even more of a Receiver style, where you can pick up both bullets and clips and refill the clips.  
Edit: Would still be cool to have a separate inventory for holding bullets and clips, so that you could hold bullets for later.

Would it also be possible to pick up unspent casings that are ejected when you pull back the slide?

I figured out that you need a magazine that has space to be able to pick up bullets.

Still very cool.  Could definitely work for a slightly more in depth shooter without being incredibly cumbersome.

Edit: Upon further actual testing...
I see that the revolver takes single shells.  Would be nice to implement this for the other weapons but the bullets would fill the clips instead of the gun (obviously)

Implemented :P

Edit2: Would be cool if empty magazines for weapons such as the m14 would actually contain empty models,  I suppose that would increase datablocks tho.  Full magazine is an empty model with the correct number of bullets?  Idk.

Edit3: Bandolier item that increases clip space with a pref to determine how many bullets/clips could be "attached"?  Ugh, I should probably just learn to code.

Edit4: Also a pref to drop an empty clip when it is ejected from a weapon, disregarding the space in the inventory.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 10:41:18 PM by DaBlocko »

this is my favorite weapon pack now thanks op me and my friends just DMed each other for two hours straight

Does this work well with the drop items on death mod?

You can play Russian roulette with this add-on.

10/10

thanks again OP I just went through the code and it's really, really forgetin clean

this is a really good weapon pack holy stuff

while i'm sure this is a great add-on,

if the main selling point is the new reloading system
you should really describe how it works in detail, otherwise it's not that compelling for hosters just reading this topic to take the time getting it set up

edit: additionally it says malicious code detected on 'blockland glass' (seriously, glass is stuff. it's a broken content platform and the actual glass add-on itself breaks loads of other add-ons)
       just use a public file hosting service or host it on your own file server
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 12:26:29 AM by Tezuni 2.0 »