10 (3%)
RPG Bot Tweaks
22 (6.5%)
Simplex Gen: 3D
3 (0.9%)
Day / Night Cycle Events
20 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Author Topic: GSF Mods Metatopic  (Read 25801 times)

for the brick cost mod, would it be possible to make it affect bricks planted by the duplicator? also a pref that gives you points for destroying bricks would be nice, though im sure there's a mod that does that out there somewhere already
It might be possible, but I'm not sure how to do that as of yet, as there are some issues involved. The duplicator overwrites the center and bottom print messages of the brick plant cost script, so it would be confusing to know when bricks are purchased and how much was deducted. I also would need to look into another function to package that the duplicator uses.

An option to give points back to a player upon destroying bricks would certainly be possible. I might also add a server command that will allow players to check their ghost brick's relative cost, before actually buying / planting the brick.

The Day Night Cycle Events add-on is done! I'll be doing some final testing and should have it released later today.

For some reason Item Storage is breaking my death messages in the sense that it doesn't show the killer and Self Deletes don't appear. I tried reinstalling it with v4 but it still didn't fix it. Any idea why?

For some reason Item Storage is breaking my death messages in the sense that it doesn't show the killer and Self Deletes don't appear. I tried reinstalling it with v4 but it still didn't fix it. Any idea why?
Yeah, at least one of the packaged functions needs to be fixed, but the version 5 update will address and correct that issue.

Brick Plant Cost has been updated to v2.0! The update now includes the option to give players a rebate (points back) when destroying or undoing bricks. You can even set up custom / unique prices and rebate values for certain bricks in the "config/Server/BrickPlantCost/CustomPrices.txt" document (make sure "Use Custom Values" is enabled as well). Players can also use the /BPCprice chat command to check the price and rebate value of their ghost brick, before planting it and having their score deducted.

Day / Night Cycle Events has also been released! This was made on request, and includes the same events featured in RPG Bot Tweaks, with slight improvements. It also automatically begins checking the current time of day.

Could you make another DNC event what checks by hours or decimals?

If in hours, 0 – 24?  If in decimals, 0.000 – 1.000?  Since day cycles can technically be made to have days and nights of varying length, then this would fit all situations like a glove.

I found an issue with the RPG system when it comes to bot's loot. Whenever I'm in a mini-game and I try to pick up a dropped item from my bot, a red center print message will tell me that "this item is not in the mini-game". Can you patch this please?

Well, there's no way to fix this on his side since he's just spawning bots unless they have a minigame hooked onto the player. Include all bricks, Spartan.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 10:42:18 AM by Kyuande »

I'll try checking that box and I'll edit this post to see it that was the case.

Edit: Sorry for taking long, but including all player bricks did not fix the issue, I'll just wait for an update.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 02:36:25 PM by Spartan224 »

Could you make another DNC event what checks by hours or decimals?

If in hours, 0 – 24?  If in decimals, 0.000 – 1.000?  Since day cycles can technically be made to have days and nights of varying length, then this would fit all situations like a glove.
Sure, for the next update I can add a text box or pop up menu, in which you can select different times of day to check for (like 12:30, 13:45, etc.). A slider could also be used for checking decimals.

I found an issue with the RPG system when it comes to bot's loot. Whenever I'm in a mini-game and I try to pick up a dropped item from my bot, a red center print message will tell me that "this item is not in the mini-game". Can you patch this please?
Well, there's no way to fix this on his side since he's just spawning bots unless they have a minigame hooked onto the player. Include all bricks, Spartan.
I'll try checking that box and I'll edit this post to see it that was the case.
Including all player bricks should work, but I'm not too familiar with how minigame's handle items. I'll look into it for the next update however; for now going to take a break from Blockland and add-on development for a few days. =)

Any potential updates on anything yet?

Any potential updates on anything yet?
I'll probably be resuming development in early May. But, so far I'm planning on updating RPG Bot Tweaks and the Day / Night Cycle Events next.

Bot Tweaks will include support for setting up specific item drops from bots, will automatically begin checking the current time of day without having to use the chat command, and various fixes. The separate events pack will allow checking more-specific times of day (based either on percentage of rotation or on values relative to 15 minute increments - i.e. 12:45pm, 1:00pm, 1:15pm, etc.).

I don't get why you used score for Brick Plant Cost. Anyone can modify score if they have access to events or minigames, which freebuilds generally do.

I don't get why you used score for Brick Plant Cost. Anyone can modify score if they have access to events or minigames, which freebuilds generally do.
It's not a freebuild anymore if you enable that add-on.

It's not a freebuild anymore if you enable that add-on.
Costbuild.

Yes but that's not my point. I want people to have access to events and score and minigames and such, but have to earn bricks...
Is there a way to only allow a brick to be activated inside a minigame? (Slayer or not?)

Then what do you want to use to pay for bricks ...?