Author Topic: Windows 7 PSA regarding Windows 10 upgrade (Forced upgrade)  (Read 6008 times)

Once the rest of the games I regularly play get ported to Linux I'm abandoning Windows and switching.

what more evidence do you need besides someone telling you it didn't work?
do you want everyone to record the exact issue to show you how it doesn't work as "proof"?

Who the forget said anything about proving anything? I'd like to know the advantages of using Windows 7 over Windows 10, not some dude's vague description of why his computer doesn't work, which very obviously doesn't apply to me.

Who the forget said anything about proving anything? I'd like to know the advantages of using Windows 7 over Windows 10, not some dude's vague description of why his computer doesn't work, which very obviously doesn't apply to me.
its mostly personal preference, but i've noticed a lot more compatibility with older programs on windows 7, while windows 10 has trouble

I don't think anyone's telling anyone you shouldn't use windows 10, and you certainly haven't asked anyone to explain to you why you shouldn't
you were pretty specific with your question:
What does Windows 10 break?
I still don't know what Windows 10 actually "breaks" (despite people explaining the problems they've had several times)

also, evidence is pretty much universally used to prove something, and that's one of the things you asked for, so I'd say it was you who said something about proving things

Somewhat relevant

if you're having issues with windows 10 where your ram usage spikes, try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYMpkFN0iCs

their "broadcast DVR Server" thing randomly spikes and in personal experience causes many games to crash

its mostly personal preference, but i've noticed a lot more compatibility with older programs on windows 7, while windows 10 has trouble

I'd love to upgrade to windows 10, but when I tried before, several things weren't working right. most importantly, my wifi adapter, which kinda made it hard to fix anything...

And none of my 3D modeling software or games worked anymore.

I don't think anyone's telling anyone you shouldn't use windows 10, and you certainly haven't asked anyone to explain to you why you shouldn't
you were pretty specific with your question:

It's basically been "I don't like it" and a couple other people who can't figure out how to install drivers. One doesn't apply to me and the other is vague.
I'd like to know what the advantages of using Windows 7 is over Windows 10, assuming you didn't break your computer when you installed Windows 10.

also, evidence is pretty much universally used to prove something, and that's one of the things you asked for, so I'd say it was you who said something about proving things

thanks detective