hat update?

Author Topic: hat update?  (Read 2959 times)

I'm sure Badspot has other things that are more important to do in life.
This would be fine, except that he hasn't said whether or not developments been slow because of more important life things or whatever, despite having been somewhat active on the forums recently

So there's some confusion that i would like cleared up

Makes sense, I mean If I made a game I wouldn't work on it 100% of the time,  I would work on it from time to time like if its a hobby.

I'm sure Badspot has other things that are more important to do in life.
I really wonder what Badspot's up to these days. I'm sure he makes some money off of Blockland, but not enough to live off of, so...

I really wonder what Badspot's up to these days. I'm sure he makes some money off of Blockland, but not enough to live off of, so...

Are you sure about that? Every ~200 keys badspot gets $1000 after steam cuts and taxes.

No love for pauldrons or backpacks / other neck items, I see :(

Are you sure about that? Every ~200 keys badspot gets $1000 after steam cuts and taxes.
Oh. I guess if he's sold around 100k keys since it went on Steam that's like around $250k a year wow if that's true GJ Badspot, lol

Oh. I guess if he's sold around 100k keys since it went on Steam that's like around $250k a year wow if that's true GJ Badspot, lol

He's sold about 150k keys on steam, but a large portion are from bundles and sales so you can't just count them like that.
If we assume half of them were on sale (and ignore them) then that's still at least $400k on steam.

He's sold about 150k keys on steam, but a large portion are from bundles and sales so you can't just count them like that.
If we assume half of them were on sale (and ignore them) then that's still at least $400k on steam.
Oh yeah, that's true. That's till pretty good tho.

There's also a game-breaking bug and that's pretty damn important. The fact that we have to use an unofficial fix and opt out of automatic updates, for this long, is pretty scary. The next update, when and if, is going to cause a bit of mayhem. Not everyone follows the development posts.

What if Badspot doesn't update anything because he doesn't need to update anything? Take this current topic, the hat update, does he actually need to do this update? Obvious answer is no, but maybe he isn't doing it because the community has pretty much already done hats, and the community can already do what it is asking for.
For the trading, perhaps some system like Blockland Glass will provide hat trading in the future, used in some future version of the hatmod or hats integrated into a system like Blockland Glass.
I think as long as the community has the potential to do a request to Badspot by the community, Badspot probably won't fulfill that request, so we might have to wait for something by the community to progress in order to get our hats.

What if Badspot doesn't update anything because he doesn't need to update anything?

Take this current topic, the hat update, does he actually need to do this update?
Yeah, this is a finished game. The most we should ask him for is a default fix for runtime errors. It's all up to Badspot.

For the hat update, he could profit by offering random hat packs for like $1 and add hat trading. (Steam inventory)
Any kind of in-game economy and e-peen system could put a lot of money in his pocket and appease the hat hungry playerbase.

Yeah, this is a finished game. The most we should ask him for is a default fix for runtime errors. It's all up to Badspot.

For the hat update, he could profit by offering random hat packs for like $1 and add hat trading. (Steam inventory)
Any kind of in-game economy and e-peen system could put a lot of money in his pocket and appease the hat hungry playerbase.
he already makes a bunch of extra money on alts tho $$$

There's also a game-breaking bug and that's pretty damn important. The fact that we have to use an unofficial fix and opt out of automatic updates, for this long, is pretty scary. The next update, when and if, is going to cause a bit of mayhem. Not everyone follows the development posts.
This is what will drive new players away from Blockland, especially the new guys on steam who encounter these kind of problems and have no idea how to fix this

What if Badspot doesn't update anything because he doesn't need to update anything?
We have been waiting on a game-breaking bug to be fixed.

For the trading, perhaps some system like Blockland Glass will provide hat trading in the future, used in some future version of the hatmod or hats integrated into a system like Blockland Glass.
I think as long as the community has the potential to do a request to Badspot by the community, Badspot probably won't fulfill that request, so we might have to wait for something by the community to progress in order to get our hats.
The moment you move into third-party add-ons handling something like this is the moment people can just give themselves everything for free. The hats would also only work this way on servers using BLG.

there's also that, ahem, art he does on commission

IIRC Badspot makes ~$1000 doing art commissions / pattern every week.

Any new features at this point are blessings. This is a finished game, Badspot doesn't owe the community anything.