Basically, A New Hope II
15 (25.4%)
Bad, Someone Spoiled It For Me
5 (8.5%)
Bad, J.J. Abrams Had Colored Lense Flares
8 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Voting closed: April 21, 2016, 05:48:40 PM

Author Topic: What Did You Think Of Star Wars 7?  (Read 3253 times)

I thought it was awesome. Really similar to Episode IV, but that didn't bother me that much. I enjoyed it.

'twas alright

imo it was just any other star wars movie i've seen tbh

I quite enjoyed it and thought it served its purpose well: to introduce Star Wars to a new generation and re-hook the previous generation.

I actually really liked it, didn't even mind the similarities to a new hope, but the biggest loving thing is that they decided to go with a SUPERDEATHSTAR?

I actually really liked it, didn't even mind the similarities to a new hope, but the biggest loving thing is that they decided to go with a SUPERDEATHSTAR?
Couldn't have said it better.

nevermind

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 06:05:59 PM by Badspot »

It's just trash like the transformers movies, one big advertisement to sell toys. The movie made 1 billion but the toys already made 8 billion. JJ Abrams is a smart business man and knows this.

So the movie will appeal to little kids, but all the young adults and older know it was just a recycled, garbage, destroy-the-death-star-again movie. It had none of the charm of the old one and was downright silly.

It felt kind of soulless and some parts felt forced in. Like how Fin gets deployed and then immediately decides to defect from the First Order afterwards. There was no build up to it.

edit out the spoiler man people have gotten banned for that stuff

Wow. Within 5 minutes I already had a spoiler. *sigh*...

it only bugged me when they said the starkiller was "powered by the sun"
but the sun is just the name of the star in our solar system

it only bugged me when they said the starkiller was "powered by the sun"
but the sun is just the name of the star in our solar system
True! I didn't think of that.

It felt like A New Hope 2: Harrison Ford and the Electric Boogaloo.

It's just trash like the transformers movies, one big advertisement to sell toys. The movie made 1 billion but the toys already made 8 billion. JJ Abrams is a smart business man and knows this.

So the movie will appeal to little kids, but all the young adults and older know it was just a recycled, garbage, destroy-the-death-star-again movie. It had none of the charm of the old one and was downright silly.
Pretty much this. It's just a reskinned Episode IV that has none of the brain behind it when you get down to it, really.
I mean sure, it has it's originalities, but they're few and far between since it just uses the fact that it's Star Wars as a crutch.