New Brick Tool | 1.2.0: Admin orb building

Author Topic: New Brick Tool | 1.2.0: Admin orb building  (Read 16546 times)

v1.2.0

Changes since v1.1.0:

• Brick tool functions while using the admin orb (can be disabled).
  • Ghost bricks can be placed on other bricks regardless of raycasting (can be disabled).
  • Put the end of the line effect on the surface used for aligning the brick instead of the center.
  • Made the line effect thinner.
  • Potentially fixed some issues with the line effect texture.
  • Move to a new Support_Updater repository.

This is pretty cool, thanks for making this. I have some suggestions if you want to improve it further-

First of all, could you add a command or pref to make it so the ghost brick does not rotate?

Also, this is a bit more sophisticated, but would it be possible to allow the user to specify a grid to align the ghost brick on?

no i mean the toomanybricks client does this too
ah yes

those client scripts that increase the brick placement range and make it raycasted

First of all, could you add a command or pref to make it so the ghost brick does not rotate?

It won't rotate while holding down left click

Also, this is a bit more sophisticated, but would it be possible to allow the user to specify a grid to align the ghost brick on?

Do you mean specifically a larger grid than normal or just any grid?

I think he wants to be able to set a larger grid than normal for the sake of doing easy terrains.

It won't rotate while holding down left click
Oh cool.
Any grid would be cool. The idea would be to allow the user to specify the grid using a command- like /setgrid x y z
The ghost brick would align itself to this grid whenever you clicked somewhere.
The grid offset could be handled by the location of the brick.

For example, say I was building a lot of terrain using 4x4 cubes and I wanted each cube to be aligned. First of all, I would put a 4x4 cube in the destination I want the grid to be aligned to. Then I enter the command /setgrid 4 4 10 (The size of the 4x4 cube).
If I didn't care about the height offset, then I would just do /setgrid 4 4 1.

From there I would just build without having to worry about being too precise, which is what would make building a lot easier.

To revert to the default grid, I would just do /setgrid 1 1 1.

Does that make sense?

I think he wants to be able to set a larger grid than normal for the sake of doing easy terrains.
^^^^^^^^^^

Ideally it would be like having super shift enabled, where the grid is based on the dimensions of the brick.  Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to figure out if the client is using super shift or not without an extra client mod, so an extra /command is necessary (or maybe use the light key?).  I think thats probably the only benefit of the too many bricks inventory version over this.

Ideally it would be like having super shift enabled, where the grid is based on the dimensions of the brick.  Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to figure out if the client is using super shift or not without an extra client mod, so an extra /command is necessary (or maybe use the light key?).  I think thats probably the only benefit of the too many bricks inventory version over this.
super shift brick shifts use /supershiftbrick instead of /shiftbrick

Right, which, only gets called if you use the shift brick keys.

I'm pretty sure the way it normally works is when you turn on super shift and use regular shift buttons, it just does /shiftbrick x y z with numbers greater than 1

I'm pretty sure the way it normally works is when you turn on super shift and use regular shift buttons, it just does /shiftbrick x y z with numbers greater than 1

Yes, but I believe those have special keybinds associated with them.  The default is alt+shift I think.
Edit: nevermind I just tested it out and it looks like having super shift enabled does switch to using servercmdsupershiftbrick.  I seem to remember it didn't work this way like 4 years ago.

Regardless, it isn't much of a help since the client doesn't send any notification when it switching in and out of super shift mode.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 02:36:53 AM by Nexus »

could you share with us how you did the line effect?