Why is every anime on Netflix 5 stars?

Author Topic: Why is every anime on Netflix 5 stars?  (Read 2317 times)

I am legitimately asking a serious question, what is the appeal of anime to the point where literally every episode that is on Netflix is 5 stars. I have never understood anime and have only watched pokemon and seen people's avatars on the internet. If someone could explain the appeal of anime and what it is all about I would even consider watchibg it.

-I am asking a serious question with no intent to offend people who enjoy anime

It appeals to gay people who like bright colours and girly voices.

Because weebs r8 8/8 regardless of the anime watched.

apparently ratings are based on other shows you've watched and what Netflix would recommend to you

apparently ratings are based on other shows you've watched and what Netflix would recommend to you

I watch cheesy horror movies and american dad....

I watch cheesy horror movies and american dad....

that explains why anime is so highly rated then

I thought this too, but I just searched it up, and it seems Netflix uses two systems (and is in the process of changing to one of them).

You have Stars, which are actual ratings. When you select a programme you can rate it up or down.
The stars are based on all ratings worldwide.

However, in place of stars, you may have "x% Match". This is how well matched to your tastes Netflix thinks each programme is, based upon which things you have previously watched, or you told Netflix you had watched when you signed up.
Netflix wants to change to this system ultimately, because the Star/Rating system doesn't reflect low-quality, yet popular/entertaining programmes.

It doesn't seem to take much watching of something though for Netflix to think you like it. So, if you watch even one episode, or just 10 minutes of one episode, of an Anime (including Pokemon for example), then it'll recommend other Anime for you to watch, and these will appear for you.

I have never understood anime and have only watched pokemon and seen people's avatars on the internet. If someone could explain the appeal of anime and what it is all about I would even consider watchibg it.
Seriously? That's like saying "if somebody could tell me what a tv show is I might consider watching one." It's something you watch with your eyes and things happen.

I have never understood anime and have only watched pokemon and seen people's avatars on the internet. If someone could explain the appeal of anime and what it is all about I would even consider watchibg it.
well it's just like any other form of watchable media

I'm unsure how else to address your question because it doesn't make much logical sense

why do people think "anime" by itself is 1 genre lol

same reason why rick and morty is #1 on IMDB
dorks just vote significantly more on the internet

I watch american dad....

I'd rather watch anime than american dad.

Because all anime is the same so they have the same rating

brother what

all mlp is the same: cancer. so stfu you gay ass goon