Poll

What do you think about Battlefield 1 being set in WWI?

I love it! It's exactly what I wanted!
It's not exactly what I was hoping for, but I still like it.
Meh. I'm on the fence about it.
I don't like it. I wish they did something else.
I hate it! It's a terrible idea!

Author Topic: Battlefield 1 Revealed, Set In WW1 [Poll Updated]  (Read 5936 times)

Better remix than the space oddity one in Infinite Warfare.

I wonder if the fact that it's 7 Nation Army relates to the Allies/Axis forces.

Also sword fighting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7nRTF2SowQ
I was kinda upset at first that it was WWI but that was pretty frickin cool

but I sure do hope horses aren't gonna be what the dog was for call of duty ghosts
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 04:10:47 PM by Foxscotch »

I was kinda upset at first that it was WWI but that was pretty frickin cool

but I sure do hope horses aren't gonna be what the dog was for call of duty ghosts
are you kidding i would love a stealth mission where a horse has to try to be sneaky and you can tell it to go bite peoples throats out

comparing cow stuff to horse stuff, they were both equally terrible in their own ways
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 04:26:54 PM by Qwepir »

I hope everyone here realizes how loving stupid that bit in the trailer was where he was running+gunning with the lewis gun

Imagine running, shooting, and ACTUALLY HITTING a target with a gun as long as you are tall

It's about the same weight/length of a m240b

I didn't like the trailer either, Barely showed anything and what it did show was too over too fast to know anything.

Also what was up with the knight dude holding the machine gun, the helmet was pretty badass. (cus you know me. Knights + Guns = good)

Poll updated.

I also wasn't a huge fan of the reveal trailer, but I'm still happy that it's WW1. I was hoping for a WW2 Battlefield, but I will definitely settle for this.

And you never know, maybe the next game in the series will be Battlefield 2 (WW2). That would be amazing.

Poll updated.

I also wasn't a huge fan of the reveal trailer, but I'm still happy that it's WW1. I was hoping for a WW2 Battlefield, but I will definitely settle for this.

And you never know, maybe the next game in the series will be Battlefield 2 (WW2). That would be amazing.
it would probably end up being battlefield 1944, as battlefield 2 already exists and so do 1942-43

it would probably end up being battlefield 1944, as battlefield 2 already exists and so do 1942-43

Whatever the name of the game is, that's gotta be the next logical step in my book. 2009 was the last Battlefield game to be during WW2, which by 2017 will be 8 years ago. I played BF1943, and from what I remember it was a very simple game, but still fun. Before that, it was Battlefield 1942, which is already 14 years old. I haven't played or heard of a big budget FPS game set in WW2 with the kind of large-scale battles, destruction, graphics, and team play like anything Battlefield does.

It also makes sense from a business standpoint. I don't like comparing games, but BF has the upper hand over CoD big time. I think it's the perfect time for a WW1 game from BF. EA DICE knows they would be super successful making a WW2 game with the tools they have today, but I think it's a smart move to save that for the future and release Battlefield 1 this year when they know people are going to buy it. They're set up very well right now in my opinion.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 02:16:50 PM by -Blok- »

I hope everyone here realizes how loving stupid that bit in the trailer was where he was running+gunning with the lewis gun
[im width=500]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fb/Lewis_Gun_Training.jpg[/img]

Imagine running, shooting, and ACTUALLY HITTING a target with a gun as long as you are tall

Coming from a huge WW1-WW2 history buff, Battlefield is not supposed to be realistic, nor was it ever.

If I get to fly the Red Baron on this I might consider buying it.

The Fokker Dr.1, which is the plane the Red Baron flew looks like it's gonna be available in this game, they showed it a few times in the trailer. :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 02:06:24 AM by Strovbe »

Coming from a huge WW1-WW2 history buff, Battlefield is not supposed to be realistic, nor was it ever.
yeah and also the fact that you know.

https://youtu.be/UEGn45WdDW4?t=2m36s

yeah