Author Topic: Nvidia GTX 1080, apparently "twice as fast" as GTX 980 and Titan X  (Read 7777 times)

With this on the market there should be a considerable price drop for older models. The 1070's price is amazing to be honest.

i am excited to see what the "titan" model will be.
it will be on hbm2 vram. that will be lovey as forget.

will the 1080 allow me to run my games in 1080

Apparently the 1070 is also suppose to be faster than the Titan X, damn.
Also RIP Tom

With this on the market there should be a considerable price drop for older models. The 1070's price is amazing to be honest.
There already was, the most expensive 980ti on NewEgg went from $1000~ to $700, surprising it's still so high though considering that the new line is better, and cheaper.

Also RIP Tom
RIP Tom, but forget him at the same time, was genuienly bothersome.

will the 1080 allow me to run my games in 1080
idk why they chose to do it like this, because dumb people can and will confuse this for "oh it's meant for 1080p gaming!!" when in reality it can probably handle 4k gaming pretty darn well even at very high settings

idk why they chose to do it like this, because dumb people can and will confuse this for "oh it's meant for 1080p gaming!!" when in reality it can probably handle 4k gaming pretty darn well even at very high settings
It comes with DisplayPort 1.4 which means it will be the first card to run at 4k 144 Hz

is june 10th the day both of the products will come out or just for 1070?

in other words meaning like when does 1080 come out

i'll stick with my gt 730

is june 10th the day both of the products will come out or just for 1070?

in other words meaning like when does 1080 come out
May 27th

I think if someones going to spend $700 on a graphics card I think they know a thing or two about building pcs and i don't think it's a problem.

Maybe I'll replace my 7950 with that. God my PC only has 8 GB of ram itself...

I have to money to get it, but I just built my rig with an r9 390 in November, and I also only have money to get it and not a screen to go with it.

I'll probably have enough money at the end of summer to get a screen with it.

idk why they chose to do it like this, because dumb people can and will confuse this for "oh it's meant for 1080p gaming!!"

GENERATION 10|80 POWER IDENTIFIER
GENERATION    9|80 POWER IDENTIFIER

Intel and AMD do the same thing, but they both used 4 numbers to identify their components. Intel also a number of modifiers, such as "M" for "Mobile", "Q" for "Quad", "K" for "Unlocked" and so on, while NVIDIA use the "GT", "GTS" and "GTX" signifiers and "M" modifier.