Author Topic: Nvidia GTX 1080, apparently "twice as fast" as GTX 980 and Titan X  (Read 7785 times)

~x2.6 in some VR demo, ~1.6-1.8 in normal games.

i don't know where you got x3 from.

This shows is in non VR according to them, and there is another graph showing ~3x in VR. That's what I meant by "their" graph

i don't know if you even took basic algebra but a "relative gaming performance" (whatever the hell that means) of 4.5 is not 3 times larger than 2.5. that's x1.8, which is just in line with the previous graph i posted. i don't know where you're pulling the x3 from

i don't know if you even took basic algebra but a "relative gaming performance" (whatever the hell that means) of 4.5 is not 3 times larger than 2.5
I don't know if you even took basic English but your reading comprehension level has to be down the stuffter. That is a picture of the 2x performance. Now obviously I messed up as it's not exactly 2x, it just looked that way because I thought it started from 0 and not 1. Literally take a loving chill pill btw, none of what I said was aggressive at all before now.

3x as powerful than the 980 in VR

you're literally showing me about x1.8, which is exactly what I said it is. i didn't doubt you there. i'm asking where you got the x3 from. you responded with something completely different so yeah it's kind of annoying
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 07:08:51 PM by communistsquared »

you're literally showing me about x1.8, which is exactly what I said it is. i didn't doubt you there. i'm asking where you got the x3 from. you responded with something completely different so yeah it's kind of annoying
Not to mention we shouldn't trust Nvidia until benchmarks, not doubting the power of these things, but remember.