Target is getting boytcott for allowing transgenders in normal bathrooms.

Poll

Well, what is it?

Use the unilove bathroom
21 (67.7%)
Use the bathroom of your opposite gender, knowing it may cause issues considering how you haven't fully transitioned yet and don't have the surgery needed to use this bathroom.
10 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Target is getting boytcott for allowing transgenders in normal bathrooms.  (Read 23850 times)

if you're a chick richard then I believe you are granted the privilege to go to whatever bathroom you choose. but that's it
what about if your a man and got a cooze

remove bathrooms and have a communal pissing fountain in the middle of the store

path why are trying to argue for a demographic that is single digits of a percentage point of the population?

what about if your a man and got a cooze
same thing but seriously save everyone's peace of mind and please go into the bathroom whatever you suit yourself as

basically if you look like a grown ass man don't go in the woman's restroom.

I think that it's almost entirely fair to judge this individual as man by sight, especially considering that the facial hair shows masculinity / proof of hormones. It could be entirely fake though, but at least this individual is taking the initiative to look as what they 'identify' as.
So your meter for acceptability is "if they're taking the initiative to look as what they identify as"

I think that it's fair to say that this issue is significantly more relevant on the MtF side of things than any other. The common argument generally used on the conservative side is females or younger women being afraid for their safety when this guy walks in on their bathroom.

The issue is derived from individuals that look entirely like their actual love i.e. Mr. Man are trying to go into the bathrooms which makes other actual females uncomfortable and afraid for their safety. They do not look like women, they look creepy and frightening in the opinion of many and it's not hate speech or bigotry to say so.
This person has clearly taken initiative to look as what they identify as. Just because they haven't transitioned particularly well, (likely because they transitioned late in life) it's not okay to treat this person differently. They look completely typically female in terms of their dress, hair, makeup, and having breasts.

If we're saying that the only difference between this person and someone who's transitioned better is their appearance then women don't have anything to fear in terms of their safety when they walk into the bathroom. Besides, let me remind you that this fear has never been actualized.

I think that this whole dilemma is overhyped and the majority of the melodrama is coming from the LGBT community. If they make an effort to be passable, then there wouldn't be an issue in the first place. I agree with a lot of the arguments on both sides but I lean more towards the conservative opinion.
It becomes more than melodrama when trans people aren't accepted into either kind of bathroom simply for having transitioned into an appearance or love that corresponds with their identity. Public bathrooms are a necessity that is taken for granted - just try asking a disabled person who was around during the disability rights movement in the '60s.

I came across this video a few days about by Steven Crowder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcUJgbWrM64
this video looked kind of crass so I don't want to watch it

Arguments are in bold

I think my issue with this argument is that the judgment for who is passing enough to go into a particular bathroom is completely subjective. That and I don't see a pressing need for this weird bathroom arbitration to actually occur.

path why are trying to argue for a demographic that is single digits of a percentage point of the population?
Because that percentage point represents about 700,000 people and likely more

Because that percentage point represents about 700,000 people and likely more
so why are we arguing for them right now when they've existed throughout the entirety of time and have already got this issue figured out for themselves?
it's adding on to backup the lgbt people when it's not part of the issue. those genetic mutations are natural, being transgender is not natural.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 12:29:31 PM by Akio- »

so why are we arguing for them right now when they've existed throughout the entirety of time and have already got this issue figured out for themselves?
Because they've had this issue figured out until legislatures started explicitly banning them from going in the appropriate bathroom.

Here's a cool infographic I found

Keep in mind all these states passed nondiscrimination laws that include use of public accomodations in their protections

edit:
Quote from: Akio
it's adding on to backup the lgbt people when it's not part of the issue. those genetic mutations are natural, being transgender is not natural.
not sure what you mean by the first sentence.

transgenderism is recognized in by the APA, the DSM-5, and other respected psychological institutions
there is also a plethora of scientific evidence for its legitimacy
(heres a list)

the idea that transgenderism is "unnatural" is not scientifically grounded

akio is being huge nerd right now and is fighting with ultimamax but really all that needs to be said is
like damn it's that simple

as long as you look relatively decent i mean nobodies gonna dig in your clothes to see what genitals you have
Exactly. Trans people just want to use the bathroom without incident.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 12:36:51 PM by ultimamax »

akio is being huge nerd right now and is fighting with ultimamax but really all that needs to be said is

but seriously save everyone's peace of mind and please go into the bathroom whatever you suit yourself as

basically if you look like a grown ass man don't go in the woman's restroom.

as long as you look relatively decent i mean nobodies gonna dig in your clothes to see what genitals you have

The issue is derived from individuals that look entirely like their actual love i.e. Mr. Man are trying to go into the bathrooms which makes other actual females uncomfortable and afraid for their safety. They do not look like women, they look creepy and frightening in the opinion of many and it's not hate speech or bigotry to say so.
So because I don't look "girl enough" by your standards, I'm a creep and just a crossdresser? That's completely subjective, and basically like saying "waahh I don't want ugly people in my bathroom".

i was just referring to hermaphrodite's

So because I don't look "girl enough" by your standards, I'm a creep and just a crossdresser? That's completely subjective, and basically like saying "waahh I don't want ugly people in my bathroom".
you could look like a full woman and I'd still tell you to use the men's restroom
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 12:37:08 PM by Trogtor »

not sure what you mean by the first sentence.

transgenderism is recognized in by the APA, the DSM-5, and other respected psychological institutions
there is also a plethora of scientific evidence for its legitimacy
(heres a list)

the idea that transgenderism is "unnatural" is not scientifically grounded

Exactly. Trans people just want to use the bathroom without incident.
Re-quoted for the edit I made to my previous post so people don't miss it

I still don't like the idea.  Whether or it's shown to be ineffective, laws to segregate bathrooms by lovees is a preventative and protective measure.  If unilove bathrooms were built, it would more or less cater to this problem.

Also, why is this showing up now?  Isn't this news like a month or two old?

i was just referring to hermaphrodite's
 you could look like a full woman and I'd still tell you to use the men's restroom
Would you tell a fully transitioned FtM to use the women's room? Becuase I'm sure that would go well.
I may be a work in progress, but I'm not harming anyone, and I can say the same for the vast majority if not entirety of trans women.

At least you're consistent about that.

But that still makes more problems than it solves. Like people who look "fully male" can't really be going into random female bathrooms.

I still don't like the idea.  Whether or it's shown to be ineffective, laws to segregate bathrooms by lovees is a preventative and protective measure.  If unilove bathrooms were built, it would more or less cater to this problem.

Also, why is this showing up now?  Isn't this news like a month or two old?
If you peep that infographic I posted earlier, lots of states have had these kinds of laws allowing trans people into their preferred bathrooms for over a decade and they haven't seen any change in loveual assault crime. Unilove bathrooms are a good thing to have too though.

The White House did some sort of thing that brought this issue back up again, which is why people are talking about it.

I didn't realize this earlier, but since trans people make up such a small percentage of the US population (estimated 0.1% to 0.5%) you're not likely to be in a public bathroom with a trans person in your life more than like 5 times. Just let them be, it'll barely affect anyones life.

This is a fight? Like any other political discussion I engage in, I treat it as a debate. We're exchanging our opinions on the topic, not calling each other autistic lol.
if you think i'm fighting with somebody because we share a different opinion then wtf?